Yeah why am i crashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stNeonStar

Jul 29, 2019
After a computer restart I can not even start the ultimate game to the home screen with out it crashing and after this I re upload the ultimate folder and change the mod pack to have better furnaces 1.4.6 and optifine 1.4.6 but The game save I have about 7 months into I cant load into any other ultimate folder it just wont show up. Here is the crash report please help.

Attachments

• crash-2013-09-08_17.39.17-client.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 40

1stNeonStar

Jul 29, 2019
I have very limited knowledge on that but I'll try.[DOUBLEPOST=1378692847][/DOUBLEPOST]Its title is 1stNeonStar's 1stCrash if that id what I was supposed to do? Sorry new :x will be doing a lot more of this form stuff now tho expect to see a lot more of me.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
'/config/GregTech/GregTech.lang:3'

There appears to be an error in your GregTech configs. Backup your save and the Better furnace config and try a force update. This will give you a fresh Ultimate default GregTech config. Then copy over the Better Furnace mod, config and save.

1stNeonStar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that worked thank you but now I cant get my save to be read by the files? I put my save into the saves folder and it wont recognize its there when I open the game..... But it recognizes any other save in there but me good one... any reason that would do that?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
So it does not show up in the game for you even to select it? Are you sure it is the right version and/or in the the right folder? Do your other saves appear in the same folder as the one you copied over your save to? Did you force update to the correct version of Ultimate? If it will not open please post your console log in debug mode to pastebin.com and link to it here.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure to keep a backup of your save just in case.

You still have not updated your Java version. Please update it to the latest version, as of right now it is update 25. I'm no expert, but try disabling the voxel mods. I see a bunch of errors at the end of the log involving these mods. Most of them are simple UI additions that are not required. The Map is the only one that you might want to keep.

A power failure could have caused a miss-write to the save, but until we know for sure I would keep a copy safe somewhere else. At least minecraft is recognizing it as a save.

1stNeonStar

Jul 29, 2019
I have now removed those voxel mods nothing happened besides my startup looks like Vanilla mine craft. Also its not recognizing it as a save at all.... Btw what is a miss write?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
The voxel mods are just that, a User Interface upgrade. So once you remove the voxel mods the save no longer appears in the save selection? That is strange. Can you post another console log with the voxel mods disabled for everyone to see?

My search through Google turns up a few possibilities. One is a corrupt save. The fix suggested for a corrupt save is to delete chunks with MCEdit until you find out which one is corrupted or start over. Be sure that if you try this to delete one chunk at a time until your save file opens up and then make another copy and try only deleting that chunk to see if it is only that chunk so you only loose that one chunk. The other possibility is that one of your mods is saved as a .jar.zip file instead of a .jar file. A force update might fix that as well. Other than that I'm pretty much out of ideas. Hopefully someone with more experience with corrupted saves will come by. Good luck.

A miss-write is what happens when your game tries to save its progress and it either does not completely save or it accidentally saves a bit wrong, say a 0 instead of a 1. This can cause minecraft to read the save as something other than a save or cause an error while trying to read it if it is in a critical part of the file.

1stNeonStar

Jul 29, 2019
Alright question time
1. What happens If my player is in the chunk that is corrupted?
2. How do I use mc edit. (I can learn but I might need help)
3. How to I change/check if my save is a .jar.zip or .jar?
4. If its completely corrupted is there no hope of getting it back?

Also here is my log: http://pastebin.com/vGKNvwGA
Please help!

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I have not used MCEdit so I am assuming here. I really should look it up and test it out so I can help others more with it, but I just do not have the time.
1) I believe that the chunk will just reset and not affect your character. You might have to wait a little while for the chunk to load though. I also believe that MCEdit can move your character.
2) Again I apologize I have not used MCEdit I only know that it is capable of fixing worlds.
3) If you do not see a file as .jar.zip it might be hidden. You will want to uncheck the box next to 'Hide extensions for known file types' This is in the folder options. Open a folder and click on Organize to get a drop down menu. Click on 'Folder and Search Options' This will bring up an options box. Click on the View tab and in the 'Advanced Settings:' you will find the box. I'm not sure if this is the cause, but I'm not ruling it out as that is what has been suggested as a cause.
4) There might be. If MCEdit allows you to open it you could try to copy part of the contents to another chunk and see if it is a machine or something like that.

1stNeonStar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how I cold put my world up for some one more...... experienced in this? Because I can not McEdit anything .....

Status
Not open for further replies.