YABBA barrels

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
R

ReefBoi16

We have move over from Infinity Evolved to Relevations. Do yabba barrels work the same as the jabba barrels. In the sense that you can item lock them, upgrade them and connect itemducts to them. We had was we called a "storage" room. We where still early game so what we did was organize items in barrel by category, for example ores followed by ingots, followed by nuggets, etc. We would then item lock them. Barrels were all connected to an ender chest and as we mined ores we would drop them in our ender pouches an they would arrive at the ender chest at the storage room and be pulled out the chest via an item duct an servo. They would then move their way over to their appropriate location. If an item was not int he barrel that made its way through It would end up in a diamond chest at the end of the line and from there one of us could take the item to a spot. Just trying to get a feel on how we are going to store items and keep it organized vs a chaotic chest mess

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Personally, I'd advice Storage drawers instead. It can do everything barrels can plus more.

The 1x1 drawer is just like a jabba barrel in many ways. Ingots/nuggets can be stored in compacting drawers instead, giving you access to 3 items without having to craft them. Same for redstone dust, quarts or lapis. You can also use 2x2 drawers to make you wall of items more compact.

On top of that, through drawer controllers and controller slaves, you can recreate your sorting system by just inputting in a single block.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Yabba barrels are very similar to Jabba but just different enough to be unappealing. I also suggest checking out Storage Drawers. With a Drawer controller the cabling needed for a "Storage Room" is much easier.

Reactions: ReefBoi16
R

ReefBoi16

I will check these out. Any good videos you guys know if on tutorials on them? I’ll do a YouTube search myself just seeing if y’all know if a good source of info.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Only Lets play I remember of Yabba was one of Direwolf20's. For Minecraft 1.8 maybe. Was a dead spot in modding that a lot of modders decided to skip and wait for 1.10. Yabba was one of the very few large storage options that released.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If it was Storage Drawers you were asking about, they're much simpler. As long as they're all touching they can connect with a controller. Trim will let them touch around corners, slave controllers give additional access points, upgrades are not sequential, but exist as direct expansions, include void, redstone emission and automatic conversion (oredict) as of 1.12. Drawers can be locked with a Key, be set to display numbers with another key, or you can do this to all connected drawers by using the key on the controller. And last of all, a slimeball and three paper makes packing tape that can be used to pick up and move drawers without spilling their contents.