Xycraft

Runebooke

Jul 29, 2019
I know he does but i've seen him stream code in a while now. Also I remember him telling dire he didn't want a release because he wanted it to bugless as possible. Which is fine and all but if you remember the 1.4 release he has if I recall 6-8 bugfix builds with tons of fixes in both. Fixes you will not find unless it's being mass played and reported on.

yea it would be nice if he would release it already ^^, or like someone else said in parts like redpower separating the mod into atleast 2 parts world gen and machines, and then it would be easier to find and fix bugs and maybe some of his anxious fans would be a little happier anyways.[DOUBLEPOST=1400467750][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your signature...
So true.

Thanks ^^

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Back in 1.4.7, the only thing about Xycraft I really liked was the Fabricator and I miss it still. The bricks were okay but definitely not worth all the lag created by the stupid crystals underground. Plus nobody liked having their inventory stuffed with useless xycraft junk. I used custom ore generation to move all xychorium (which I retextured to not glow and look like a nether ore) to the nether in huge multicolored veins with an aluminum core and the crystals were just plain removed from existence. It didnt apply to the twilight forest but other than that it was a huge success, I never had any xychorium unless I went out and looked for it and when I did find it it was in a huge quantity.

Reactions: RedBoss

Runebooke

Jul 29, 2019
Back in 1.4.7, the only thing about Xycraft I really liked was the Fabricator and I miss it still. The bricks were okay but definitely not worth all the lag created by the stupid crystals underground. Plus nobody liked having their inventory stuffed with useless xycraft junk. I used custom ore generation to move all xychorium (which I retextured to not glow and look like a nether ore) to the nether in huge multicolored veins with an aluminum core and the crystals were just plain removed from existence. It didnt apply to the twilight forest but other than that it was a huge success, I never had any xychorium unless I went out and looked for it and when I did find it it was in a huge quantity.

yes, i have heard several people complain about all the different colors of xychorium and agree it was alot and the frequency was really common but if you built alot of stuff from the blocks than believe it or not you could still be hunting for some more, i for example tend to build large structures, so i used quite alot. like everything else it really depends, you said you mainly liked the fabricator, so you wouldn't have appreciated the xychorium blocks. so it really isn't a really useful mod for you to even have installed, but i understand liking a limited part of a mod and installing it for what you like and you always get leftovers.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
yes, i have heard several people complain about all the different colors of xychorium and agree it was alot and the frequency was really common but if you built alot of stuff from the blocks than believe it or not you could still be hunting for some more, i for example tend to build large structures, so i used quite alot. like everything else it really depends, you said you mainly liked the fabricator, so you wouldn't have appreciated the xychorium blocks. so it really isn't a really useful mod for you to even have installed, but i understand liking a limited part of a mod and installing it for what you like and you always get leftovers.
I would like to say xychorium blocks, soil, and water were spme of the best item in the game IMO

Runebooke

Jul 29, 2019
yes, and the glowy textures was really nice, and really went well with the sleek textures, and modern/futuristic feel, "xycraft quartz" on the other hand is about the only thing i really just didnt like although i have used them in a flower garden once that looked nice.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to say xychorium blocks, soil, and water were spme of the best item in the game IMO
Fabricator. Easily the best nonvanilla block in all of 1.4 minecraft. The insane speed of autocrafting was nuts, and with no power requirement.

yes, and the glowy textures was really nice, and really went well with the sleek textures, and modern/futuristic feel, "xycraft quartz" on the other hand is about the only thing i really just didnt like although i have used them in a flower garden once that looked nice.

I found the quartz to be useful for base defense. I built my bases like small military compounds with a large security wall, and i used the xycraft quartz like barbed wire. Stupid spiders.

Runebooke

Jul 29, 2019
hopefully he'll see it as, xycraft has alot of fans and keep on keeping on:). and i knew/know there isn't an eta on xycraft.

Reactions: dwappo

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
As much as people joke on Soaryn and his fear of ETAs, I recently watched a stream of his with a custom modpack that he and a few of his friends/testers were playing. One of the major mods included was Xycraft. If I remember right, everything being used should've been available in 1.7, so here's hoping, since I never got the chance to play with Xycraft back in 1.4. (I was just entering into the Direwolf packs and wanted to make sure I could play with the latest toys. I regret it now )

Runebooke

Jul 29, 2019
yea you missed it =( fortuantely the ultimate pack is still avalible on the launcher and we can still reminisce about the "good ol days"

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
As much as people joke on Soaryn and his fear of ETAs, I recently watched a stream of his with a custom modpack that he and a few of his friends/testers were playing. One of the major mods included was Xycraft. If I remember right, everything being used should've been available in 1.7, so here's hoping, since I never got the chance to play with Xycraft back in 1.4. (I was just entering into the Direwolf packs and wanted to make sure I could play with the latest toys. I regret it now )

"His" fear of ETA's? Every developer fears ETA's to some extent. People can get very irate when their free things don't arrive when they expect.

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me dark, I know that feeling. I'm a web developer myself, though my main fear isn't as much ETAs as it is my customer deciding last minute that they want to change every little thing I've done, but still want it finished at the same time they asked for originally.

I just know Soaryn's feeling the heat due to relaxing to his streams whenever I'm able to ... I was going to put a smiley of some sort here, but couldn't find any that wouldn't just be weird.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Really my advice to anyone worried about eta's for something that is completely voluntary would be to just keep things "closer to your chest". If no one knows that you're working on something, then they don't care if they never get it; no one is under contract.
Yeah this changes a bit when you update a mod verses the initial release. Although, even the 1.6 update of TE followed this quite well, KL and Z basically gave the public face reins to trustworthy people who didn't mind being bugged about it. I think I might try to make everything I do modularized to the point where I can get a beta released with the world-gen and really basic stuff so that people avoid world restarts etc. I do realize that there are exceptions to the "rule" and such.

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone seems to forget he's still in school, so I don't think Xycraft is his utmost priority - though it would be cool if it gets some kind of release for 1.7.