Xycraft Ores - Config

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to lower the amount of Xycraft Ores?
Atthe moment it is way to high, we have more Crystals then everything else, the whole map is glowing underground.
Is there some kind of config file to change?

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
meh...then i will hope he will add some cool features for the ores. some of them are realy cool for decoration, but thats all.
need more energy^^

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's why I disabled the mod, ore generation is over the top, but I believe that's because you need a lot of ore to make the bricks.

Shalen

Jul 29, 2019
Store them in block form in a interdimensional barrel or just leave them underground :)
I'm hoping that Xycraft will soon become more usefull...

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
They make decent building materials, as mobs won't spawn on them and they glow, giving you some Mood Lighting for your mad scientist lab, so that arcs of lightning and other such displays are that much more impressive.

Other than that... yea, not much use at the moment.

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
for building they are realy nice, i have created a small building out of Red Shield blocks.

yes, the ore generations seems to be weird, we cant find Tin on our map, but we can throw us to death with Xycraft stuff xD

SlipperyJim

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget tin can only be found at certian depths now. Try digging at level 45 for tin and copper.

The Jimbat
Digger

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the blocks are resistant to TNT (with or without legs). Useful if you don't like the look of reinforced stone, obsidian or basalt.

Other blocks are Nuke proof (in a "Did I not place the nuke, or did it go off" kind of way). Reinforced stone/glass/doors sacrifice themselves in the case of a nuke.

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be some really cool ideas coming with the machines half of this mod. I just wish it would come along soon as the ores/crystals just sit in a chest right now waiting for something to do. I do agree the blocks make nice looking building material if its the look your going for.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Also, the fact that mobs won't spawn on Xycraft blocks is a major benefit. That way if you mess up with the lighting in your base, you still won't get unpleasant visitors.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft crystals and aluminum seem to clog my sorting machine no matter what I do (the various colored shards are fine though). I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm doing something strange, but my sorting works fine once I routed the crystals around the machine rather than through it.

Shalen

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Pay attention with XYstuff crystal, because they sometimes have different metadata. Check if the one you put in you sorting machine is one with different metadata. I don't know if also alluminum has this problem. However, could you post a screenshot of your machine/system?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
There seems to be some really cool ideas coming with the machines half of this mod. I just wish it would come along soon as the ores/crystals just sit in a chest right now waiting for something to do. I do agree the blocks make nice looking building material if its the look your going for.
Indeed, having seen the power system in the finale of Season 3 of DW20 server let's play, it's quite impressive. I wasn't too keen on the mod originally, but having done a retexture, and having seen lazer pulse power transmission, it's very impressive.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Pay attention with XYstuff crystal, because they sometimes have different metadata. Check if the one you put in you sorting machine is one with different metadata. I don't know if also alluminum has this problem. However, could you post a screenshot of your machine/system?

I had 3 Xycraft crystals in my sorting machine with different metadata. Still jams. I don't think aluminum has metadata, and weirdly it's only the smelted aluminium which gums up the works. The ore goes through just fine.

Both the crystals and smelted aluminum also jam my filter (set up to pull everything out of an adjacent buffer), which pretty much rules out the possibility of meta-data being the issue. The only workaround I could come up with was a diamond pipe next to my quarry which routes the crystals and aluminum into a separate ender chest, which bypasses my sorting system entirely and dumps it into an iron chest back in my base. It's not exactly elegant, but at least it works.

No screenshot for now, as I'm at work (and posting on this forum, bad me). Maybe later if I feel like changing everything back to the way it was.

zakkord

Jul 29, 2019
There are 6 different xycraft crystals. i am using dw20 sorting system with barrels and have 6 barrels of this crystals. one per each type.
Just find all 6(they have different damage values) and your redpower sorter will be fine