XP Orb issue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've got a small mob farm that uses visored iron golems so I can get drops (mainly wither skeleton skulls) but my problem is an overflow of xp orbs. Brains in a jar only hold so much.

What I'm really wanting is a way to get rid of the xp orbs. Any suggestions?

I've tried xp turtles, but I think I fail on doing the coding for those, and all the setups I've found when searching also have those turtles enchanting books and whatnot, a setup I don't need.

neiromaru

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting turtles are your best bet for standard FTB Unleashed. The computercraft forums have lots of programs you can download, I'm sure you'll find dozens of xp management programs on there.

You could also add the liquid XP mod, which adds lots of ways to manage and store xp in liquid form.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
my bet is to use XP turtles as I believe they can hold an infinite amount of experience, or did that get changed?

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting turtles are your best bet for standard FTB Unleashed. The computercraft forums have lots of programs you can download, I'm sure you'll find dozens of xp management programs on there.

You could also add the liquid XP mod, which adds lots of ways to manage and store xp in liquid form.

I've found plenty of programs, but I've not found one that just picks up xp by itself and doesn't do anything with it. It's probably something really simple and I'm missing how to write/implement it.

See, I don't need the xp for ANYTHING. I'm just trying to keep it from lagging my world.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Code:
m=peripheral.wrap("right")
m.setAutoCollect(true)

while true do
  print(m.getLevels())
  sleep(30)
end

Reactions: Feyriin

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I would imagine it holds ~ 2 billion as the lua must still conform to the limitations of java.

There is no specific cap though.

I think the max should not be the level cap, but the xp. So it's 2.147b xp, not 2.147b levels.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think the max should not be the level cap, but the xp. So it's 2.147b xp, not 2.147b levels.
Very likely. In which case the max levels would be in the tens of thousands range. Maybe 100k.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've got about 8 xp turtles in my little farm, none of them have stopped working yet! (not including having to restart them for server reboots and the like). None of them are approaching 500 levels so far, but I'll reply when they break the 500 mark. (or if they just stop working, whichever) so if anyone else is looking for this solution, they'll have all the info ^.^

Reactions: Hoff

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've got about 8 xp turtles in my little farm, none of them have stopped working yet! (not including having to restart them for server reboots and the like). None of them are approaching 500 levels so far, but I'll reply when they break the 500 mark. (or if they just stop working, whichever) so if anyone else is looking for this solution, they'll have all the info ^.^

do you have the experience program named as "startup"? if you name a program startup it should automatically reboot the program when a server/client gets restarted