XNet Redstone Controll

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I just started tinkering around a bit with XNet Mod.
I do like it a lot and I´m trying to get a nice compact Actually Additions Fully Upgrades Canola Energy Setup.
So far it works very nice but what I do miss is the possibility of sending redstone signals based on Logic Channels.
I can work around it with normal Redstone mods but if this would be included this would make my life a lot easier.

I guess it would make the Mod a bit to strong as well... but its already :) So am I missing something or is this thought already do implement in a later stage?

I do not see much posts on this mod for now guessing this is because its in no mayor pack since its just came out few days ago.
Let me summon @McJty this time rude as I am so he can give directly answer to this :)

D3matt

Jul 29, 2019
Surely you'd get a better response on the mod's page rather than the FTB general forums.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I hoped that due to the high activity of the people here I might get not only a answer to : "will XNet get the feature to send Redstone Signals?" but as well I hoped of someone giving advice how they normaly work around this and maybe I am missing something on the mod...

Maybe I should make it directly about the Actually Addition Setup that I am doing. But yesterday night I din´t feel like it was ready to be shown. I will tinker a bit more with it this afternoon when I come home (T+9hours) and see if it is worth making some screenshots :D

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I did ask on the Mod Page at the end and there are plans to get a Redstone channel in.
This also means that until now, there is no way to send Redstone :p

I tinkerd a bit more yesterday but my wife claimed my attention to early and I wasn´t able to write it together and make some screenshots.
I will write it donw on the list for this weekend and upload it.

I was able to automate it with only some super Circuit boards that do not do much more than delay a signal.

Only thing that I´m missing is a block that picksup items that are in front of it.
I use the ranged collector from AA but it has a 6x6 radius and that is a problem in such a compact build.
Annilation Plate from AE2 would be a possible thing, but I do not want to setup everything just for one item Pickup....

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi,

I just started tinkering around a bit with XNet Mod.
I do like it a lot and I´m trying to get a nice compact Actually Additions Fully Upgrades Canola Energy Setup.
So far it works very nice but what I do miss is the possibility of sending redstone signals based on Logic Channels.
I can work around it with normal Redstone mods but if this would be included this would make my life a lot easier.

I guess it would make the Mod a bit to strong as well... but its already :) So am I missing something or is this thought already do implement in a later stage?

I do not see much posts on this mod for now guessing this is because its in no mayor pack since its just came out few days ago.
Let me summon @McJty this time rude as I am so he can give directly answer to this :)
Hmm What exactly are you trying to do? I know the range of the ranged collector can be a bit of a pain, but if you filter it to just pick up the items you want, that might be useful? I assume what you're doing is crystallising the canola seeds with the Atomic Reconstructor - and you want to pick up the seeds once they're crystallised?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm What exactly are you trying to do? I know the range of the ranged collector can be a bit of a pain, but if you filter it to just pick up the items you want, that might be useful? I assume what you're doing is crystallising the canola seeds with the Atomic Reconstructor - and you want to pick up the seeds once they're crystallised?

Exactly. The problem is that this i try to build this as small as possible this collector also collects the crystallised seeds that I drop into the Oil to convert it. I think in theory I should be able to convert the luqid faster then the collector detects the seed but it feels not clean and fail safe :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Exactly. The problem is that this i try to build this as small as possible this collector also collects the crystallised seeds that I drop into the Oil to convert it. I think in theory I should be able to convert the luqid faster then the collector detects the seed but it feels not clean and fail safe :)
Ah, I see your issue there! Yeah, if you're dropping the seeds to make the oil near to where you're crystallising the seeds... that's definitely problematic, and obviously not solvable with the item collector! Hmm I haven't got any good suggestions unfortunately, sorry chap!

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I think I could just make sure that the two item droppers that I use will only drop a item if the other did not work for more then 2 seconds.
This way there will always be time for the liquid to convert.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think I could just make sure that the two item droppers that I use will only drop a item if the other did not work for more then 2 seconds.
This way there will always be time for the liquid to convert.
Yep, that seems like a sensible workaround! :)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I made it work finally... There seems to be some kind of bug if you mix different items/fluid export and imports on the same channel. I had set up a Whitelist filter for Canola Seeds and it put Canola in the dropper anyway. Moving it to a separate channel made it work without problems.

For now, I only did a functional build to understand how everything works. Now I´m tired but maybe in the afternoon, I try to rebuild it in a more compact way and later on move it to my Survival World.

Here a screen of the Total thing. If I d a more compact thing I maybe even take the time and describe everything step by step.

http://imgur.com/a/vGitl
vGitl

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
It was actually a lot faster then I thought to make this more compact.
I will pass on an extensive explanation for now. If someone is interested in it, let me know and I will do it.

@GamerwithnoGame : I finally used a Grated Hopper to pick-up the crystallized seeds. You can filter this one.

- Fluid Collector x 2
- Fluid Placer x2
- Automatic Precision Dropper x3
- Liquid Monitor x2
- Redstone Circuit x3
- Multiplier x3
- Quartz Resonator x3
- Ender Pulsar x3
- Tiny Pile of Redstone x23
- Inventory Scanner x1
- Insulated Redstone Conduit x16
- XNet Controller x1