X-Rayers, speedminer hackers, flyhackers are here!

Animus_The_HUN

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

The first 2 hacked clients are out there. After 2 days i experienced some x-rayers on my server. This modpack going to rly sucks if you cannot do something against hackers. There are tons of anti-cheat plugin on Bukkit atm. Like orebfuscator against x-ray and some. Oh wait! This modpack not based on Bukkit.. So what now? Server admins must see how to destroy our servers this?

Sorry for my bad english.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Actually most mods aren't even out for bukkit. It would be pretty easy to create a modpack with bukkit, but without the mods it would be difficult.

Since it seems like the bukkit-team refused to cooperate with the Forge-Devs to create a single API which would not require porting all mods over to bukkit again it will take some time. The other option would be porting the plugins to forge, and there might even be some plugins avaible already.

Not in forge, but as a mod.
cpw and Lex are currently implementing hooks into forge to make it more bukkit-like, as unfortunately the bukkit team have refused to cooperate with us.
So ya, it's possible.

But there are already mods that make a lot of things like automated backups, set regions for players to build in or such things, but since the possibility for such mod is only shortly avaible on forge the amount of server-mods is rather small.

Scorpion

Jul 29, 2019
The reason why the modpack dosen't have bukkitit support is becuse cpw stopped developing ForgeBukkit becuse of the time it took to update it. In 1.5 you shouldn't have any troubles with hackers becuse in 1.5 the mod/plugin api should be done.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.5 update is called the redstone update, the mod API will not come until minecraft is bug free.

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
The reason why the modpack dosen't have bukkitit support is becuse cpw stopped developing ForgeBukkit becuse of the time it took to update it. In 1.5 you shouldn't have any troubles with hackers becuse in 1.5 the mod/plugin api should be done.
Not according to Dinnerbone.

The 1.5 update is called the redstone update, the mod API will not come until minecraft is bug free.
If that's the case, we better settle in for the long haul. :p

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

The first 2 hacked clients are out there. After 2 days i experienced some x-rayers on my server. This modpack going to rly sucks if you cannot do something against hackers. There are tons of anti-cheat plugin on Bukkit atm. Like orebfuscator against x-ray and some. Oh wait! This modpack not based on Bukkit.. So what now? Server admins must see how to destroy our servers this?

Sorry for my bad english.

Why not, not let hackers on to your server in the first place?

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Also, there are even some plugins out there hooking into forge: 1 2 3 4
Just a quick sweep, if anyone wants something more particular, he will surely find it.

nicktonton

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't have my hopes up too much for that, you may want to look up the history of the API. I think redpower is being released around the same time as the mod API though.

Meara

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't have my hopes up too much for that, you may want to look up the history of the API. I think redpower is being released around the same time as the mod API though.
Don't smash my hopes by saying that! :( For redpower I mean. Really couldn't care less about a Mod API, forge is good as is!

---- On topic ----
I'm sure some one will come up with plugins(Server mods w/e) that will do either the same thing or slightly different then most of the anti-grief-hack plugins out there in no time. Forge is too widely spread. Besides Forge Server sounds better then Bukkit Server! Something about forging steel and iron verus A walrus holding a bucket...annny how... :rolleyes:

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
The API will definitely not come in 1.5, as someone said around here, it is called the Redstone Update, so we need to wait further, and for RP, Elo needs to squash 1-3 more bugs, so maybe this weekend?

jcol87

Jul 29, 2019
The API may or may not come out with 1.5, I don't know, but I don't think the name of the update is evidence one way or the other. They sure as hell wouldn't call it the Plugin API Update, because 75% of MineCrafters would have no idea what they were talking about, and it just doesn't have much of a ring to it.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, but I think said person did know what was going to be in the update, and Forge, for comparison, also took a good while (three months I think?) from draft to first release.