Bug Wrong user (Caching?) issue

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
There seems to be a weird bug on the forums where some pages get rendered as if you are the wrong person.
So far the two pages where I've seen it happen are the watched thread page and in the good vs evil thread.

The first time it happens was on the GvE thread and I noticed it because the wrong avatar was displayed. This however happened some time ago and I didn't look much into it and just refreshed the page upon seeing the wrong avatar near the text area.

However, recently when going to see my watched thread list the forum showed me the list of @Henry Link, it also used the dark theme while I use the default one and showed that I had 3 alerts while I actually had 0. My guess is that those things also where affected by this bug.

Once again, after a refresh everything was back to normal. I'm not sure what exactly triggers this bug or what other pages may be affected.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
and I just had it again with me becoming @GamerwithnoGame
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the homepage of the forum has the same bug as it sometimes thinks I'm not logged in but the moment I refresh or go to another page I am.

edit: just had it again with this thread where I once again became @GamerwithnoGame after I saw that he posted. His post didn't show up until I refreshed, which is another thing that points to this bug being a cache problem instead of something else.

Last edited:

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
It happened to me?
Screenshot,
HMm.PNG

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
View attachment 36098
It has spread from a minor inconvenience to a real problem. I can now view other people's alerts.
to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get to someones private messages as well. Its just that that page isn't used that much thus the chance of it happening is small.
Though, I do find it strange that you managed to get those alerts as they are normally another request. At least, it always looks that way.

Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get to someones private messages as well. Its just that that page isn't used that much thus the chance of it happening is small.
Though, I do find it strange that you managed to get those alerts as they are normally another request. At least, it always looks that way.
I had @GamerwithnoGame's private messages

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Just had a cached version of my own alerts and watched threads.
I was kind of hoping to hear something about it by the moderators by now....

ZeldoKavira

Apr 28, 2016
TEST
Hey @Nuclear_Creeper0, can you do me a favor and confirm the names (not values) of the cookies you have for the forums? By the screenshot you posted you've pretty much confirmed what I though was the issue but that will help me be sure.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
@ZeldoKavira
so.. I just had it again, this time I became @GamerwithnoGame and opened the console and wend to another page where I once again became @GamerwithnoGame .So, here are the names
in the response I had something called AWSALB
in the request I had
  • AWSALB
  • G_ENABLED_IDPS
  • __cfduid
  • __utma
  • __utma
  • __utmb
  • __utmc
  • __utmt
  • __utmz
  • __utmz
  • _ga
  • xf_sessions
  • xf_user

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
@ZeldoKavira
so.. I just had it again, this time I became @GamerwithnoGame and opened the console and wend to another page where I once again became @GamerwithnoGame .So, here are the names
in the response I had something called AWSALB
in the request I had
  • AWSALB
  • G_ENABLED_IDPS
  • __cfduid
  • __utma
  • __utma
  • __utmb
  • __utmc
  • __utmt
  • __utmz
  • __utmz
  • _ga
  • xf_sessions
  • xf_user
Yep nearly the same list I messaged him.