(WoW) World of Warcraft

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I'm amazed that this thread hasn't started yet. So here it is the World of Warcraft thread.

I know some of the FTB Team plays(played) World of Warcraft so who else out there plays?

I have played for 3 years joined in mid Wrath. Breaking a break since the FTB launcher has hit =)

I play a DK main and also a guild master of <Has Broken The Law> on Saurfang(US)

What about you?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I think there have bin some words about Wow.

I did play for a couple of months in the past. Always got bored prity soon.

Not that i cant pay the game but the 22 euro a 2 months gets very iritating very fast

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Yes there was word in my intro thread which lead me to post this one (Well i looked for another thread so i was double posting)

It's $15 here. for a month which isn't that bad.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Its not that bad but yeah. I really dont like paying it anymore. I will if i find the fun for it again. but at the moment. Dont see it comming since i will be spending a lot more time on working on the FTB Case, my company and the FTB Server.

Not saying i will never ever play it again :p

SunVenus

Jul 29, 2019
I've played WoW since a few days after BC came out, since about 2006- 2007 I guess (can't recall when BC expansion happened). Whilst I still have my subscription, disks, expansions, etc, I've not loaded it onto my new comp yet, nor have I yet purchased Mists of Pandaria, although I will... if I can stop being obsessed with Mincecraft. :) My main toon is a level 85 Human Warlock demonolgy/destro mix, but I also have a few alts in the 75-85 range. It'll be fun levelling my lock up to 90, but then again FTB will be out soon. Can't seem to find time for other games right now, I've even lapsed on playing TSW which I bought a few months back and have enjoyed. There is just something about Minecraft that makes other games pale by comparison.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing WoW right after Burning Crusade was released, played for 5 years, then stopped when Cata destroyed all the things I thought were fun. I'm an altoholic, and they moved to speed-levelling and end-game content focus. Not enough levelling stuff for me, so I stopped right after Cata came out. Got to 84 on a DK, then just left xD Never even hit max level.

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
wow is the cause of the decline of our socitity !!!!

that being said, started playing wow right after beta, ragequit when BC came out cause all my cool purple stuff became useless, started again at the end of the lich king and played a little in cataclysm and then quit again cause everything was getting too easy and it was getting boring.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
My parther and I played from release (in Europe) until a few months into Cataclysm. I played most classes up to the original level cap of 60, but only a few past that. Neither of us really had the inclination to commit to regular raids (plus it all changed and everyone was pugging raids) any more due to young family. It got to the point where it wasn't worth paying a monthly sub as we were only logging in once a month, so we both stopped. Have dipped my toes into a few other MMOs, but again the monthly sub isn't worth it for us.

PS Druid ftw.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I wish WoW didn't cost $15 a month :( It's just an expense I can't afford right now, miss my healers dearly.

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
I played from Vanilla until a couple months before MoP. Just got too bored with Cata. The wife and I have got brought back into MoP about two weeks ago and have been enjoying it so far. I don't like the monthly, and I do fear that it will become a bore in the near future again. But my many toons still call me to play. However, I do find myself watching MC streamers while playing. :)

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
I did the annual subscription to get Diablo 3 for free then as soon as my contract ended i cancelled my subscription after my account was hacked from China twice.

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
wow is the cause of the decline of our socitity !!!!

that being said, started playing wow right after beta, ragequit when BC came out cause all my cool purple stuff became useless, started again at the end of the lich king and played a little in cataclysm and then quit again cause everything was getting too easy and it was getting boring.

wow, you really missed out mate, BC was by far the best thing that happend to WoW, new boss mechanics, new worlds... and everything was hard... WotLK and Cata was just bad, everything was made easy as hell :S

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm on The Maelstrom. Golrith is one of my Alts names, currently leveling a DK called Zalamar through MoP.

But, I'm finding MoP pretty, err, boring. I'm missing having an overall source of evil to combat, the Sha don't really "do it" for me, and all the "nerfs" to the design of classes makes things even blander. Glyphs are pretty pointless now, I expect the whole system will be removed in the next expansion. Talent system is just boring compared to their first talent system. Now that felt like character development when levelling, and was always good to tinker with - sure there were some builds that gave best results, but there was also some flexability to the system.

Jonny8181

Jul 29, 2019
i have played warcraft 1 till cata and waiting for mists of pandaria but i still love to play warcraft3 Dota !!!!!! just cant stop playing it

Tro11C1ient

Jul 29, 2019
i play wow daily on my lvl90 ret pala, its a lot of fun working on my dailies getting my ilvl to spec and to do tot gatta get me them BIS(best in slot) so i can call my pala complete

i play on EU server Silvermoon, feel free to add me user name is Creith

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I don't miss wow either, if I want a bit of MMO RPG action, I go for neverwinter. Much more challenging, and you have to earn your rewards, without a serious amount of tedius "grind".

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Played it a lot, raid guild and all. But after a while, getting your char to max level, then another, doing dungeons and raids, you tend to just log in, go "meh" and then just log out again. And then they add another expansion that makes you want to play again.

Cataclysm was for me the expansion that made me go "meh" even well before I hit max level. Aside from that it was "more of the same", I also really dislike how they basically made healer class work exactly the same, doing the exact same damage or healing and not having any strong or weak points. This is the main reason vanilla and TBC were so much more fun; certain classes were very good at one thing and pretty bad at others. And that should be the case in an RPG.

YasukiHumai

Jul 29, 2019
I played from pre-launch until the end of Wrath. Most of my time was spent raiding. In Vanilla I played a Warlock, I moved to Warrior(Tank) for the bulk of BC. For Wrath I played a FrostTank DK.