Would you be interested in a mod that adds Don't Starve-style mechanics to the game? [1.14.4]

Would it be too grindy or would you give it a chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

algol_rithm

Sep 2, 2019
This will be adding mechanics such as:

• spoilage
  • wetness
  • temperature
  • thirst (not from Don't Starve though)
  • etc.
This is to make survival mode more interesting and make it more than "make infinite jacket potatoes".
I'm gonna need suggestions to not make it too grindy or annoying to deal with though :)

Disclaimer: This is for an A-level Computer Science project (aged 16-18 for non-Brits) and because of the limited time frame and other A-levels, it won't be completed beyond basic implementation of these mechanics. If I have free time after the examinations, I may fully complete it though!

Reactions: LordPINE

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
One thing to be wary of is how annoying things like spoilage get. You'd need a good way to keep everything stackable, to prevent a million of seperate stacks. Temperature and thirst are a thing in 1.12, and are pretty good if implemented well. All in all, sounds good to me, if you are careful about making things too grindy/annoying/whatever

algol_rithm

Sep 2, 2019
One thing to be wary of is how annoying things like spoilage get. You'd need a good way to keep everything stackable, to prevent a million of seperate stacks. Temperature and thirst are a thing in 1.12, and are pretty good if implemented well. All in all, sounds good to me, if you are careful about making things too grindy/annoying/whatever
Yup, I definitely need to look on balancing carefully.
I've been looking at people's criticisms to mods like EnviroMine and Terrafirmacraft for some inspiration for balancing.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ooh how do you mean temp and thirst are a thing? Like, modded? Or vanilla?

Reactions: LordPINE