World started lagging

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majetic

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody,

Not too long ago my world started lagging like a mothertrucker, lowering the graphical settings doesn't help a bit.
It's very ''choppy'' although it's normally very smooth.

It started lagging out of the blue and I already tried restarting FTB and my PC.
I'm playing with the D20 pack and I have 4gb allocated to it. Already tried allocating less GB. ( My PC has 8gb of RAM in total. )

I can't think of anything that would cause it, but I'll list the things I have :

Blaze farm + Xp farm ( Already took all the blaze rods out of the barrel, didn't work )
ME network
Quarry with tesseract and ender chest
Xycraft fabricator
Geothermal generators
Railcraft tank
Electrical Engines
Nether pump with a chunk loader
Thermal Expansion machines
IC2 machines
Thaumcraft stuff
Soul Shard forge

That's about all I have currently. Ofcourse I have some chests and random crafting tables here and there, but I doubt those are making the lag.

Thanks for reading.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody,

Not too long ago my world started lagging like a mothertrucker, lowering the graphical settings doesn't help a bit.
It's very ''choppy'' although it's normally very smooth.

It started lagging out of the blue and I already tried restarting FTB and my PC.
I'm playing with the D20 pack and I have 4gb allocated to it. Already tried allocating less GB. ( My PC has 8gb of RAM in total. )

I can't think of anything that would cause it, but I'll list the things I have :

Blaze farm + Xp farm ( Already took all the blaze rods out of the barrel, didn't work ) this can cause lag as it's spawning mobs over and over...plus the item and xp drops
ME network
Quarry with tesseract and ender chest this can cause lag due to keeping chunks load = mobs spawning and water/lava flowing
Xycraft fabricator
Geothermal generators
Railcraft tank
Electrical Engines
Nether pump with a chunk loader same as quarry
Thermal Expansion machines
IC2 machines
Thaumcraft stuff
Soul Shard forge

That's about all I have currently. Ofcourse I have some chests and random crafting tables here and there, but I doubt those are making the lag.

Thanks for reading.

Majetic

Jul 29, 2019
Little update :

I removed the chunk loader from the Nether, but that didn't work either.

I also noticed that my FPS in the Nether is normal, so something in the overworld is causing alot of lag.

Anybody know why?

EDIT : Sometimes when I launch the d20 pack and log into my world, it does fine. But most of the time it still has alot of lag.
It's like a 10% chance of no lag and a 90% of having lag.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
is it client server or normal server? if it's client then try giving it more ram to handle whats going one. but you need to take in to account that with running it on the client it's going to lag with kind of chunk loading and more stuff that is being loaded in every area that is being kept opened from chunk loaders and your self

Status
Not open for further replies.