World Edit ! ??

BarningOwls

Jul 29, 2019
I know, I know, it's a foolish question, and it's probably been brought up before, but

I must know!

My friends and I have a Direwolf server, and we are into big builds. We had World Edit on our last Vanilla server, and we loved it.

We are really missing it.

I know it's probably difficult to do. I havent seen anything on it. I read one topic on this forum concerning it, and was left with questions.

I checked youtube as well. I found one video in which, the guy explained (well, not really) about how he used a mod that acts like bukkit and allows you to use bukkit plugins.

My friend is the admin. We worked on it today, and following the instructions on the topic I mentioned, found a plugins folder.

I don't want to ramble. Basically we are still on square one. And the question looms; World Edit?

Is it possible? Is it possible for a multiplayer server?

Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1368692352][/DOUBLEPOST]This is the page I was talking about. And, I'm sorry, it was a different forum. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1581728-how-to-install-worldedit-on-a-feed-the-beast-server/

Muggz

Jul 29, 2019
You could switch out the server jar for MCPC+ and toss world edit plugin on the server and have an easy go at it. You will have to sort out your world folders though.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
I thought World Edit (MCEDIT.exe) was a seperate .exe that opened up map files and allowed you to modify Copy/Paste parts of one World into another.
Played with it awhile back but would rather just build it!

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
That's MCEdit, not WorldEdit. WorldEdit is a set of commands for use inside of Minecraft.
Ah ok. Still a noob, with not to much experience. Live n Learn.
Played around with bukkit servers a bit. Made one with a bunch of server plugins. Loved the Skills one where you got xp for digging-mining etc, and were rewarded for each lvl by getting glowstone etc from digging dirt.
Modded Minecraft teaches you a number of things which are very handy even in day to day operation of computers.

BarningOwls

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard it works though. But I guess you need to run FTB by port forwarding?

I'm not sure if how we are running the server.

Does FTB offer it's own server?

I'm sorry! I really don't know too much about this kinda thing.

I was traumatized by trying to set up my own server so we could have Extra Biomes XL for our map.

My friend kindly destroyed my efforts by finding FTB.

He's since stepped down as admin, now my other friend is admin.

Depending on how the server is being run, say, off the FTB site, can't someone make an adjustment and use Bukkit Forge to use plugins?