World disapeared suddenly

Serkas

Jul 29, 2019
No Crashlog
No Errorreport

I was playing on the newest direwolf pack Version 1.0.11 and came back after I left my computr for a couple of minutes.
I resumed my game and as I clicked a item pipe from TE with my crescent hammer minecraft closed down to my Desktop, without any further Explanation. After I restartet my world disappeared from the in game world list. Its still in the folders and copying everything into a new world made this one disappear as well.

So far I guess from other threads that ist corrupted. Can someone please help and tell me what I should do or how I even get Information about the problem like a log ?

progrendon

Jul 29, 2019
try setting ur ftb launcher options to reopen on exit it normally keeps the console open allowing u to pastebin the launcher log

Serkas

Jul 29, 2019
Well since I missed that opportunity and can't open the world now, can I access that log elsewhere?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Do it again then post a log of the crash. Make sure that "reopen launcher after exiting minecraft" is ticked then you will be able to get a log. Remember to use pastebin for the log.

Serkas

Jul 29, 2019
... I just wrote that I can't open the world anymore. How am I supposed to redo it?

Olivj

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I had the same problem yesterday... The game closed and my world was not in the list anymore.
I checked in the folder and the file level.dat was missing...
So, I created a new world and copied the level.dat file from that new world into the one I lost. I don't know if it is a really bad idea and what consequences it could have but it worked. The only thing I lost was my inventory but everything else in the world is still in place.
Don't know if you could fix it the same way but if it helps...

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
a crashlog should have been saved to the (Base Feed the Beast Directory)\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\crash-reports folder. they are time-stamped so you can check

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
had this happen to me a few times aswell, with one of the level.dat files having been removed.
I tried to fix it by copying over the level.dat's from other worlds, like olivj mentioned, but that always caused me more problems... so I just gave up on those worlds and started over.
the best way to prevent this from happening is by doing backups. now if you're like me there's a good chance you never remember to do backups
for those people who're like me, there's a mod that'll help with doing automated backups
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1548243-172-worldstatecheckpoints-ssp-world-save-points/

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
... I just wrote that I can't open the world anymore. How am I supposed to redo it?

I meant do the same as in your original post. If you follow what I said to do in my reply you will be able to get a crash log. But if the world is no longer in the saves folder then you can't do that.

Sibar

Jul 29, 2019
A quick question, I made a backup earlier today thankfully and well.. my world disappeared. Would using the level.dat from that backup corrupt anything?

Serkas

Jul 29, 2019
I meant do the same as in your original post. If you follow what I said to do in my reply you will be able to get a crash log. But if the world is no longer in the saves folder then you can't do that.
Do you mean the "make a new world and copy over the corrupted into it" strategy? Cause that just made the new world disappear as well? Sorry, maybe I just don't get what you mean.

a crashlog should have been saved to the (Base Feed the Beast Directory)\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\crash-reports folder. they are time-stamped so you can check
Ok, I'll definetly try to get that log.

had this happen to me a few times aswell, with one of the level.dat files having been removed.
I tried to fix it by copying over the level.dat's from other worlds, like olivj mentioned, but that always caused me more problems... so I just gave up on those worlds and started over.
the best way to prevent this from happening is by doing backups. now if you're like me there's a good chance you never remember to do backups
for those people who're like me, there's a mod that'll help with doing automated backups
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1548243-172-worldstatecheckpoints-ssp-world-save-points/
Thanks, that should come in handy. Do you happen to know if its compatible with the newest Direwolf Pack? Or are there not even any Problems with that, because that would be nice, too.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that should come in handy. Do you happen to know if its compatible with the newest Direwolf Pack? Or are there not even any Problems with that, because that would be nice, too.

there shouldn't be any compatibility problems as the mod doesn't add any items or blocks to the game

Serkas

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i did mean that because if it is crashing you will be able to get a log too see if it can be fixed.
Hmmm, yeah as I said: the world is in the Folder (everything there with the Name) only on the ingame list, when I open up singleplayer, it shows me a blank list now. No matter what I do, the game won't show it anymore.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Hmmm, yeah as I said: the world is in the Folder (everything there with the Name) only on the ingame list, when I open up singleplayer, it shows me a blank list now. No matter what I do, the game won't show it anymore.

Make sure that "reopen launcher after exiting minecraft" is ticked in the options.

Now move your damaged world out of the saves folder then create a new world with the same name then save and exit minecraft. Now copy over your damaged world into the one you just created. Now try to run it. When you get a crash if you did the thing above in bold the launcher will open again. Now click the "post my log to pastebin button" in the console then link the log here. Check the link below for more information.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...0-11-logistics-pipes-crash.39335/#post-536595

Serkas

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure that "reopen launcher after exiting minecraft" is ticked in the options.

Now move your damaged world out of the saves folder then create a new world with the same name then save and exit minecraft. Now copy over your damaged world into the one you just created. Now try to run it. When you get a crash if you did the thing above in bold the launcher will open again. Now click the "post my log to pastebin button" in the console then link the log here. Check the link below for more information.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...0-11-logistics-pipes-crash.39335/#post-536595
I changed all my options, so that the launcher will give me reports, but when I create a new world I go out of the game, copy everything over and when I reopen the game the new world vanished as well, because I put in the old files. So my game is like: "Nope, I won't Show you this world ever again, no matter where you put it." D:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Ah well. Unfortunately it is a case of new world then. :(

You may want to consider going to the latest version of the pack as the issues with te machines and pipes are probably resolved in that one. Choose it from the drop down menu where is says recommended. Although the recommended one is still 1.0.11.