Open World Crashes after dimension change

S

Slowking

Summary of the problem World Crashes after dimension change

Pack Version 2.5.4

What is the bug? The internal server (single player) crashes when I change dimensions. Doesn't matter if I use the proper portals or the charm of dislocation.

Mod & Version

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/f2fb8712

Is it repeatable? yes

Known Fix

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I believe this is caused by a Villager Dying on ExtraUtilities diamond spikes, which deals the last hit to the villager pretending to be the player who placed them. I guess those diamond spikes were not placed by hand, or the player who placed them is not online?
Either way, it seems like Witchery's code for handling Villager deaths by the hand of a player (didn't that mod have some kind of module to measure how many villagers you harmed?) causes an Exception that keeps repeating until you get kicked from the single player server.

S

Slowking

You are right. The spike killing the villagers is the culprit. After removing it the crashes stopped. Thank you.
However I placed that spike and I'm always online when the world is online, since it's single player. My best guess is that the game doesn't recognise me as being online for a second when I change dimensions and that's when the crash happens.
Guess I'll have to find a different way to kill villagers.

Edit: As a test I tried placing the spike with an autonomous activator. Still crashes when I change dimensions.

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Does this happen as well with only Extra Utilities and Witchery installed? (And maybe some mods like NEI, that make it easier for you to test this.)