Open World crash on big Refined Storage Autocrafting job

W

Wiejeben

Summary of the problem World crash on big Refined Storage Autocrafting job

Pack Version 3.0.6

What is the bug? When running a big autocrafting job with Refined Storage (Smelting 2048 Quartz Enriched Iron Dust into 2048 Quartz Enriched Iron) the world crashes and I am not able to recover it (I have no experience with MCEdit)

Mod & Version - Refined Storage
- Ender IO (Maybe)

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/08ebed35

Is it repeatable? Yes, I repeated it in creative world. Watch this video for further detail (Sorry for the low FPS, blame the screen capture software):

Known Fix If I were to guess, clear the crafting job. However I am not aware of a way to do this without starting the world.

W

Wiejeben

As I am unable to edit my starting post (Spam-like or contains inappropriate elements) I will just reply to it.

I did not click anything when the server crashed. Also the logs provided are from `logs/latest.log`, it is not much indeed, the log record before the ones I provided happened minutes before the crash.

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
This is a bug that combines refined storage and the mod that shows details of the block looked at. The crash happens the moment you mouse over the controller. The info window tries to show the updated info on the controller, but gets an overflow of sorts, crashing Java.

One way to "fix" it for now is simply to cover the Refined Storage Controller with other blocks, even glass or conduit facades, so that the tooltip info doesn't show up for the controller. This is how I stopped my game from crashing due to this bug. If you can't mouse over the controller directly, the crash can not happen.

It's not ideal, but it works for now. That is until the bug is repaired on the mods end.

As for getting back into your world, FTB utilities does an auto backup(unless you manually turned it off) of the world. You could simply copy and paste the most recent backup of your world back into your save folder to be able to play again. Then just carefully place blocks around the controller without letting your mouse touch any part of it to make the block "safe".

Last edited:
W

Wiejeben

I managed to clear the Crafting job via MCEdit in the end.

@Jakalth that seems to be it, I assume this was already reported and perhaps fixed in the next release.

W

Wiejeben

Alright, I would ike to close this issue, however I cannot find the button to do so?

Can a mod close this topic for me? Appreciated!