World Anchor not working on my wheat farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShameWillFollow

Jul 29, 2019
I just set up an automatic wheat farm with the combine and farm and whatnot, and it seemed to be working fine. Then I set down a world anchor and walked away, assuming that I would come back later to find tons of wheat waiting for me. After a couple hours of working on other stuff elsewhere in my world, i came back to no wheat at all. Thinking my wheat farm was broken, i AFKed by it for 20 minutes or so and I came back to see plenty of wheat had been harvested.

The world anchor I have in my base seems to be working fine because I always come back to my base to find a decent supply of UU matter had been created, but the one at my wheat farm seems to be defective for some reason...

Can anyone elaborate on this?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.4.6, Railcraft made the default configuration of World Anchors require Ender Pearls as fuel. I suspect your base might be near your spawn point/ the world's origin (coordinates 0,0), in which case it's always loaded even without a World Anchor.

ShameWillFollow

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.4.6, Railcraft made the default configuration of World Anchors require Ender Pearls as fuel. I suspect your base might be near your spawn point/ the world's origin (coordinates 0,0), in which case it's always loaded even without a World Anchor.

My base is not incredibly close to my spawn, but it must be close enough. I think I may just alter the config to make it not require the ender pearls (if that is possible). Thanks for the help.

The Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
world anchor don't effect wheat or plants only machines.

plants only grow when a player is near it

world anchors only keep the chunk loaded they don't act as a player

ShameWillFollow

Jul 29, 2019
world anchor don't effect wheat or plants only machines.

plants only grow when a player is near it

world anchors only keep the chunk loaded they don't act as a player

Fortunately, that seems to be wrong. I AFKed for 20 minutes or so in my base (with a world anchor at my wheat farm which is quite a distance away), and i returned to find 10 more pieces of bread in the chest by my wheat farm. So it seems to have continued working even while I was not nearby.

The Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
thats just what i read and was told before.

is it a solo world or is it on a server?

if it was on a server somebody could of walked by or been standing around. before i got a world anchor i was chunk of uu matter appear that should not of been there cause i was offline

ShameWillFollow

Jul 29, 2019
It's a solo world. The problem I was having before was solved by altering the railcraft config to make the world anchor not require fuel. Now the world anchor works perfectly and my wheat grows whether I'm there or not.