Working on a GregTech HQM Modpack.

LinkOcarinaTime

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, I am working on a gregtech HQM Modpack and I might need some recommendations and things like that. I am going to leave a modlist below if you want to know the mods in it and I will keep updating the pack on this post, putting screenshots and stuff like that in. It is going to be heavily tweaked to balance mods like Thermal Expansion and Ender IO Into the hardmode gregtech (Basically gregtech materials for the machines, like steel for the basic machines in TE and for the capacitor in Ender IO. There will also be some magic mods included, so far I have Botania and Thaumcraft but I do plan to add more. As I said, this is a gregtech pack so if you don't like hard-mode gregtech, you probably don't want to play this. Here is the modlist:

IC2
GregTech
HQM
Thaumcraft
Botania
Thermal Expansion
Ender IO
Railcraft
Mekanism
Modtweaker
Minetweaker
Buildcraft
Biomes O Plenty
Open Blocks
Open Eye
Extra Utilities
Gravisuite
NEI
CodeChickenCore
Waila
Minetweaker Recipe Maker
Applied Energistics 2
AppleCore
ExtraCells
OpenMods Lib
JourneyMap
Blood Magic
Thaumic Tinkerer
Blue Power
Chisel
MineFactoryReloaded
Jabba
Iron Chests 2
Steve's Workshop
Steve's Factory Manager

I also plan on having Pyrolusite's GregTech Alternate Textures resource pack with the modpack.

I also want to note this modpack is a long time off, as I am making this by myself and it will have a lot of tweaks to the recipes and stuff like that.

Leave some feedback and some mods you recommend I add, Thanks.

Update: I have finally laid out 100 quests. This is nowhere near completion and I have not tweaked the recipes yet but this is a milestone for the modpack.

Last edited:

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
If you're making a GT HQM pack, then mods like Blue Power, ExU, TC, Blood Magic, MFR etc are just no no.
Leave out biome mods, in general. Also b/w BoP and EXBL, EXBL is less intrusive than BoP.
ExtraCells is a big WIP, so maybe "no" for this pack.
Mods like MFR will break the progression theme of GT.
GT will be hard enough w/o adding enviromine.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/learn-gregtech-hardcore-questing-mode-pack.48109/

^^ here's a template. That pack could have done with maybe 4-5 more mods at the most. You will see mention of those in the discussion thread.

I don't have much time these days, so if I don't get back often, please don't feel bad.

Reactions: LinkOcarinaTime

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I started to cross off a bunch of mods before I realized: I'm not really sure you want a "hard-mode" gregtech game at all.
  • IC2
  • GregTech
  • HQM
  • Thaumcraft
  • Botania
  • Thermal Expansion
  • Ender IO
  • Railcraft
  • Mekanism
  • Modtweaker
  • Minetweaker
  • Buildcraft
  • Enviromine
  • Biomes O Plenty
  • Open Blocks
  • Open Eye
  • Extra Utilities
  • Compact Solars
  • Advanced Solar Panels
  • Gravisuite
  • NEI
  • CodeChickenCore
  • Waila
  • Minetweaker Recipe Maker
  • Applied Energistics 2
  • AppleCore
  • ExtraCells
  • OpenMods Lib
  • JourneyMap
  • Blood Magic
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • Blue Power
  • Chisel
  • MineFactoryReloaded
  • Pam's Harvestcraft
  • Jabba
  • Iron Chests 2
  • Steve's Workshop
  • Steve's Factory Manager

Even with the best minetweaking you can do, the majority of this list is actually going to completely deprecate Gregtech (by which I mean: instead of doing things with GT, players will just ignore GT unless they force themselves to use it)

I don't know enough about Blue Power to comment. Gravisuite can be tweaked to fit. Steve's stuff should almost certainly be crossed off too.

Reactions: LinkOcarinaTime

LinkOcarinaTime

Jul 29, 2019
I started to cross off a bunch of mods before I realized: I'm not really sure you want a "hard-mode" gregtech game at all.
  • IC2
  • GregTech
  • HQM
  • Thaumcraft
  • Botania
  • Thermal Expansion
  • Ender IO
  • Railcraft
  • Mekanism
  • Modtweaker
  • Minetweaker
  • Buildcraft
  • Enviromine
  • Biomes O Plenty
  • Open Blocks
  • Open Eye
  • Extra Utilities
  • Compact Solars
  • Advanced Solar Panels
  • Gravisuite
  • NEI
  • CodeChickenCore
  • Waila
  • Minetweaker Recipe Maker
  • Applied Energistics 2
  • AppleCore
  • ExtraCells
  • OpenMods Lib
  • JourneyMap
  • Blood Magic
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • Blue Power
  • Chisel
  • MineFactoryReloaded
  • Pam's Harvestcraft
  • Jabba
  • Iron Chests 2
  • Steve's Workshop
  • Steve's Factory Manager

Even with the best minetweaking you can do, the majority of this list is actually going to completely deprecate Gregtech (by which I mean: instead of doing things with GT, players will just ignore GT unless they force themselves to use it)

I don't know enough about Blue Power to comment. Gravisuite can be tweaked to fit. Steve's stuff should almost certainly be crossed off too.
Thanks for the feedback. I plan on nerfing a lot of the mods like Mekanism, Thermal Expansion, Blood Magic, MFR and things like that. By "nerfing" I mean things like removing some items in TE and MFR and things like that. I planned on having the tech mods like TE and Mek something you needed things like tungsten for (as they would be OP in a pack based around gregtech) while Ender IO would need steel. The reason thaumcraft works with this pack is that gregtech actually has thaumcraft compatability, like thaumcraft tools and stuff like that. This pack is also heavily inspired by Beyond Reality on the ATLauncher :) Although I will take your advice by removing the solar panels mods. Thanks for the advice.

LinkOcarinaTime

Jul 29, 2019
T
If you're making a GT HQM pack, then mods like Blue Power, ExU, TC, Blood Magic, MFR etc are just no no.
Leave out biome mods, in general. Also b/w BoP and EXBL, EXBL is less intrusive than BoP.
ExtraCells is a big WIP, so maybe "no" for this pack.
Mods like MFR will break the progression theme of GT.
GT will be hard enough w/o adding enviromine.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/learn-gregtech-hardcore-questing-mode-pack.48109/

^^ here's a template. That pack could have done with maybe 4-5 more mods at the most. You will see mention of those in the discussion thread.

I don't have much time these days, so if I don't get back often, please don't feel bad.
Thanks for the advice :) I removed Enviromine. MineFactoryReloaded I want people to get materials like steel or aluminum for, and I do plan on removing the harvester and planter, and a whole bunch of other machines that will break the progression.I feel like the auto-spawner would help alot though and that is one of the reasons why I want MFR in the pack :)

80sing

Jul 29, 2019
Will the mod pack be open world or more like a sky lock or game mode with limited resources?