Workin' With Bees

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
There are probably 100 threads like this but I couldn't find any that answered my questions, so here I go.

I'm fairly far into the game such as buildcraft and industrial craft considering I have a quarry and 29 hybrid solar panels (Yes I know I can make ultimates, I just don't want to yet :p) and I have a giant storage room and quantum armor, but I want to start with bees. It probably would have been better to do it earlier in the game when I actually needed the resources but I couldn't be bothered then. Now, I really want to get into them. I have a general knowledge of stuff like crossbreeding but I'm running out of princesses. I'm also getting some great bees I want to mass produce, but I only have 1 princess. My main question is this: Is there is a way to clone bees multiple times like that so I can have a lot running at once? I'm using the Ultimate Pack, so I know the mod Extra Bees is in there and whichever mod includes the isolator and liquid DNA and such. I'm just confused on how to use them, what to use them for, etc. Are there any good tutorials on that stuff too? I greatly appreciate any help!

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Any of direwolf20's videos dealing with bees from ssp5 or smp 4 I think would be good

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
If you have one princess, you should go hunt for more. You'll need at least one of each hive bee, if you want to breed all the bees.
And what do you mean by running out of princesses? Princesses don't die off, they just switch being a princess and a queen through the generations. (Since you're using the Ultimate Pack, the 1.5 mechanic of being turned into a swarmer princess if overworked is not there.)
You can only get more princesses, if you collect them in the wild. Either by manually breaking them with a Scoop, or collecting those Rocky Bees with your Quarry.

_momomo

Jul 29, 2019
here read through this, I just recently asked the same questions regarding breeding. It even explains how to get new princesses, expecially the step by step instructions on the second page give instructions on how to get a new princess with specific treats. you can use that method to get more princesses:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/something-i-dont-get-about-bee-breeding.21448/

tl;dr: try to get a pure drone and princess and breed more drones, then use these to purify any other princess, like rocky or wintry. use the soul frames to increase the mutation and then stiwch to chocolate frames to speed up the purification of hybrids. Its best to use a princess that doesnt result in a different outcome, e.g. meadows P + common drone might result in a cultivated bee instead of a common/meadows hybrid princess.
e.g.
cultivates drone + wintry princess = wintry/cult hybrid princess
wintry/cult princess + cult drone = pure cult princess
I used the instructions in the thread the get pure 4x drone production cultivated bees. i didnt manage to get commons that way, since mundane + common = cultiuvated.

another method is, once you have imperial and (forgot the other one) to get the material for an alveary etc you can start using the dna mechanics to infuse princesses with species traits to instantly turn them in the desired princess. you can also watch this series:

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
here read through this, I just recently asked the same questions regarding breeding. It even explains how to get new princesses, expecially the step by step instructions on the second page give instructions on how to get a new princess with specific treats. you can use that method to get more princesses:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/something-i-dont-get-about-bee-breeding.21448/

tl;dr: try to get a pure drone and princess and breed more drones, then use these to purify any other princess, like rocky or wintry. use the soul frames to increase the mutation and then stiwch to chocolate frames to speed up the purification of hybrids. Its best to use a princess that doesnt result in a different outcome, e.g. meadows P + common drone might result in a cultivated bee instead of a common/meadows hybrid princess.
e.g.
cultivates drone + wintry princess = wintry/cult hybrid princess
wintry/cult princess + cult drone = pure cult princess
I used the instructions in the thread the get pure 4x drone production cultivated bees. i didnt manage to get commons that way, since mundane + common = cultiuvated.

another method is, once you have imperial and (forgot the other one) to get the material for an alveary etc you can start using the dna mechanics to infuse princesses with species traits to instantly turn them in the desired princess. you can also watch this series:

Use the same technique to pass your 4x drone production cultivated bees to another species that doesn't mutate with common (e.g., Majestic/Noble). Then repeat the process with this species to pass the x4 trait to your common. Voila. =) As you keep improving your "common/base strain" with more awesome traits, you may want to rebreed your different princesses to improve their traits.

Glad you found my instructions useful.