Wither

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
So a very basic question which you guys can probably anser quite easily but is there a way to farm withers and get there nether stars an other loot if possible I really want to make a nether star generator for some ultimate power gen thanks :) I don't want to use turtles and I don't really wanna use mffs but can if
needed also I'm on monster 1.1.0

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft. Warded blocks. Tiny Room. Spawn wither inside it. Fight with all your might. He'll wreck any autofarming methods and most of them can't be warded either. Only ethreal glass can both be guarded and let you in.

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
Get an auto-spawner with MFR, capture a wither skeleton with a Re-usable safari net. Get a steam turbine to power the auto-spawner and place in the skeleton re-usable safari net and change to make exact copies. It also requires mob essence, you can get this by making an XP extractor, extracting 1 level which then produces 1 bucket; 1000MB, the auto spawner can only hold a maximum of only 4000MB, so that means 4 levels/buckets. Now after you have them spawning, you'll actually want a grinder set up which can completely annihilate any mobs in a 5x5 radius. So just make a 5x5 room that contains an auto-spawner and a grinder. A grinder requires RF to run, so stick another steam turbine beside it to run it. The grinder produces Mob essence when it grinds mobs, which can then be fed back into the auto spawner for more mobs! Although I believe that it only produces 1/4 of a bucket of mob essence (250MB). The grinder should also be hooked up to a chest, the grinder does in-fact collect wither skeletons. I have over 3 stacks myself! And if you think the spawner is not spawning enough... You can head over to the config and change the amount of work the auto-spawner requires, therefore it will create lots more mobs! Best of luck!

Reactions: lukethedude

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Get an auto-spawner with MFR, capture a wither skeleton with a Re-usable safari net. Get a steam turbine to power the auto-spawner and place in the skeleton re-usable safari net and change to make exact copies. It also requires mob essence, you can get this by making an XP extractor, extracting 1 level which then produces 1 bucket; 1000MB, the auto spawner can only hold a maximum of only 4000MB, so that means 4 levels/buckets. Now after you have them spawning, you'll actually want a grinder set up which can completely annihilate any mobs in a 5x5 radius. So just make a 5x5 room that contains an auto-spawner and a grinder. A grinder requires RF to run, so stick another steam turbine beside it to run it. The grinder produces Mob essence when it grinds mobs, which can then be fed back into the auto spawner for more mobs! Although I believe that it only produces 1/4 of a bucket of mob essence (250MB). The grinder should also be hooked up to a chest, the grinder does in-fact collect wither skeletons. I have over 3 stacks myself! And if you think the spawner is not spawning enough... You can head over to the config and change the amount of work the auto-spawner requires, therefore it will create lots more mobs! Best of luck!

Fairly certain the OP wants to know how to farm withers, not wither skeletons...

You could use Panda4994's method here:

Basically you push the wither into the ceiling of the nether and then wail on it.

Edit: ninja'd

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
Basically you push the wither into the ceiling of the nether and then wail on it.

I know this is a bit of a necro thread, but I figured it would be better to bring it back up rather than start a new one.

So I have been trying this technique in the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack and been having frustrating results. In single player creative mode it works fine, but when playing on a server the wither's keep 'jumping' up above the bedrock, either on their exploding or when I first hit them.

Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong? Is it the weird flat ceiling in DW20's nether? Something with multiplayer? Are there any ways I can get this working? I admit, I really do not like fighting the wither by hand.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a shock panel and trap the wither, spawn it, and activate the panel to insta kill it. WARNING. The panel can kill you as well. Deactivate it as needed. (I believe the use a redstone signal.)

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, looks like the Shock Panel is from Expanded Redstone? I do not think that is in the DW20 1.7 pack.

On a bright note, I did some testing and it looks like you can do a similar trick using EnderIO's reinforced obsidian.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
As for Ininity pack you can use the Grinder from Draconic Evolution, instantly kills everything, wither blast resistant, barely takes any power.

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is a bit of a necro thread, but I figured it would be better to bring it back up rather than start a new one.

So I have been trying this technique in the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack and been having frustrating results. In single player creative mode it works fine, but when playing on a server the wither's keep 'jumping' up above the bedrock, either on their exploding or when I first hit them.

Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong? Is it the weird flat ceiling in DW20's nether? Something with multiplayer? Are there any ways I can get this working? I admit, I really do not like fighting the wither by hand.

i believe this is a cofh config file thing where the world generates flat bedrock, thats probably whats causing your problem.

a way you could kill it in DW20 is with a killer joe from ender io i believe they are wither resistant.