Wither Skeleton Soul Shard - What am I doing wrong ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kaidenyo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I made myself a Soul Shard and went to the Twilight Forrest to get a T5 Skeleton Soul Shard quickly.
Now, that I have one I question myself how people got the Wither Skeletons to spawn.
I've seen videos of Anderzel, who put a Skeleton Spawner in the Nether and got Wither-Skeletons to spawn.
I've seen people putting a Skeleton-Spawner bewteen Netherbricks in the Overworld and got Wither-Skeleton spawns.
I just get regular Skeletons, it doesnt matter in which Dimension I put my spawner.

Any suggestions ?

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
use a portal gun to move the actual vanilla skelly spawner into the nether and it randomly spawns wither skeletons as well.

Soul Shard spawners were fixed and no longer spawn wither skellies

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I made myself a Soul Shard and went to the Twilight Forrest to get a T5 Skeleton Soul Shard quickly.
Now, that I have one I question myself how people got the Wither Skeletons to spawn.
I've seen videos of Anderzel, who put a Skeleton Spawner in the Nether and got Wither-Skeletons to spawn.
I've seen people putting a Skeleton-Spawner bewteen Netherbricks in the Overworld and got Wither-Skeleton spawns.
I just get regular Skeletons, it doesnt matter in which Dimension I put my spawner.

Any suggestions ?
Exploit/Fixed.

Kill real withers.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Also wither skellys spawned from a soul shard no longer drop heads as soul shard spawned mobs were adjusted to never drop rare drops. In other words only way to get wither skulls is to run around in a nether fortress or build a wither skelly mob system in a ideally located/configured fortress.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Also wither skellys spawned from a soul shard no longer drop heads as soul shard spawned mobs were adjusted to never drop rare drops. In other words only way to get wither skulls is to run around in a nether fortress or build a wither skelly mob system in a ideally located/configured fortress.
Time for some reverse engineering and a little patch.

Minosha

Jul 29, 2019

This is false - at least it was in Mindcrack v7, and I do not see SoulShards as being updated in the v8 release. I used a tier 2 wither shard to collect many a skull.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 stated in his LP that the intent is to prevent all rare drops from the soul shards, but its not yet implemented. So long as a golem, turtle, player kill them they should drop.

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
And you could always use a sword enchanted with Vorpal. I don't think it can stop that from giving you heads.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Not true. We have a T5 wither farm and those do drop the skulls.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The change was not released yet but will be coming as it is on forge craft currently as mentioned by direwolf20 a few times. So it is best to stock up as much as possible.

Also as been said before always expect any cross mod loop holes to be closed eventually, especially when they strongly go against the aim of said mods.