Bug Wither Skeleton Autospawing? - Partially Solved

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed that my auto-spawners have stopped spawning Wither Skeletons on versions of Infinity above 1.11.

I think it may have something to do with the change in the enderio.cfg file that changes:

# Separates wither and normal skeletons into different entities, enables the powered spawner to treat them differently [EXPERIMENTAL - MAY CAUSE ISSUES WITH OTHER MODS]
B:replaceWitherSkeletons=false

From true in earlier versions.

My Draconic spawner with a Wither Skeleton Soul no longer produces anything.

A MFR spawner set to Spawn Exact Copy (with a Wither Skeleton safari net) also no longer spawns anything.

Any thoughts?

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I found that the pre 1.12 Draconic Mob Souls no longer work.

After reaping a new Wither Skeleton soul and reassembling the Draconic spawner - It now works well.

Still unsure why the MFR Spawner Exact Copy fails though.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I can't explain why they have stopped working. All I can do is suggest an alternate way of spawning them. Use some sort of block placer or even AE formation planes to physically place the blocks that form the Wither. You just need to place them high above the area you are killing them in so they don't blow up your setup that places the blocks. Once spawned, the Wither will fall straight down for a few seconds before the explosion so your stuff won't be destroyed. Here's my wither setup. I use AE formation planes to place the blocks at the top of the tower. The wither falls down to the killing room which has Draconic mob grinder in it. The whole room is made of Ender IO reinforced obsidian and Extra utilites transfer nodes gather the drops through the reinforced obsidian floors so it doesn't get blown up either.

VMa8xs1.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I can't explain why they have stopped working. All I can do is suggest an alternate way of spawning them. Use some sort of block placer or even AE formation planes to physically place the blocks that form the Wither. You just need to place them high above the area you are killing them in so they don't blow up your setup that places the blocks. Once spawned, the Wither will fall straight down for a few seconds before the explosion so your stuff won't be destroyed. Here's my wither setup. I use AE formation planes to place the blocks at the top of the tower. The wither falls down to the killing room which has Draconic mob grinder in it. The whole room is made of Ender IO reinforced obsidian and Extra utilites transfer nodes gather the drops through the reinforced obsidian floors so it doesn't get blown up either.

VMa8xs1.png
He said he was having trouble with Wither Skeletons, not the Wither boss itself.

Anyhow, if you had to get a new Draconic Evolution mob soul to get the DE spawner to work, I wouldn't be surprised if you would need to do the same thing with your MFR safari net. Release the mob inside and capture a new one.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
He said he was having trouble with Wither Skeletons, not the Wither boss itself.

Anyhow, if you had to get a new Draconic Evolution mob soul to get the DE spawner to work, I wouldn't be surprised if you would need to do the same thing with your MFR safari net. Release the mob inside and capture a new one.

LOL My bad. Not sure how I missed that. OOPS. That's what I get for posting after being up way too long.

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019

Nope - Sorry didn't work. Not a major issue for me, but the Spawn Exact for wither skeletons still doesn't seem to work