Witchery Trading Question

ligglo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to trade with the hobgoblins in witchery, and I just can's find out how to. I have Kobaldite Dust, but I can't click on them, and when i throw it at them they just throw it in a chest. What am I doing wrong?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
The only one's i've seen that had a trade window were the ones in the little round houses scattered across the world.

What I don't know is how you get Kobaldite.

ligglo

Jul 29, 2019
You get it by leading one of the hobgoblins. You then hand them a pickaxe and have them mine ores. I have a system where an iron is placed and they mine it. A vacuum hopper then grabs it and puts it back to be placed again. They won't mine wood or glass, and you can tie the lead to a fence. The kobaldite dust will be gathered in the autonomous activator.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
That is hilarious. Essentially, you capture and enslave a hobgoblin to get stuff to trade with other hobgoblins? I suppose it could be worse, you could be melting them down into trade material.

ligglo

Jul 29, 2019
I, for one, would never...do...ok, I might. Emeralds are shiny!

But anyone know about how to trade with the hobgoblins? One of these hobgoblins I have is now named to "Grargilde the Brave Babycrusher (lv. 1)". Is this significant?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I, for one, would never...do...ok, I might. Emeralds are shiny!

But anyone know about how to trade with the hobgoblins? One of these hobgoblins I have is now named to "Grargilde the Brave Babycrusher (lv. 1)". Is this significant?
I take it you may not be able to trade with tamed ones.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
is this "village" similar to a vanilla one, or does it have other requirements?
I'm pretty sure its the same requirements as a vanilla village. Especially since the hobgoblins will happily take over a vanilla one (killing testificates) if they happen to spawn nearby

xX_Cortex_Xx

Jul 29, 2019
i just spawned a whole bunch in creative(not sure if this helps but they were right next to a hobgoblin statue of patrion) and i just started to right click on all of them and some of them traded some of them dident

sealchan

Jul 29, 2019
You want to create your own little housing with Vanilla doors and capture (two?) Hobgoblins in it. This should yield Hobgoblins who will trade plus they will slowly breed (per Mischief of Mice's video which doesn't mention the necessity of doors). So you have a Hobgoblin village which breeds your mining slaves which you can put on a Lead and take to where you want them to mine. Remove any object in your miner's hand and then throw them the Pickaxe. Use a fence post to tether the Lead and keep your Hobgoblin in your mining area. It may take awhile before a Koboldite Dust is dropped.