Witchery on Direwolf mod pack

TROOPERscrat

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all

Quick question on Witchery . . . . . I’ve noticed when Direwolf pack gets recommended to 1.0.20 ( on 1.0.19 at the moment ) it will include Witchery . . . . will I need a complete world restart to get the most of this mod ? ? ?

Or should I just use Mystcraft a create a new world ??

Thanks for the help

;)

SavannahMan

Jul 29, 2019
Most Witchery material can be gathered by breaking grass. You will need to explore new areas later on to find Coven witches and a few world-gen features but that's about it.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Most Witchery material can be gathered by breaking grass. You will need to explore new areas later on to find Coven witches and a few world-gen features but that's about it.
As far as the witches go, they are mobs so they should spawn anywhere, unless they are biome dependent. They shouldn't need new chunks.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all

Quick question on Witchery . . . . . I’ve noticed when Direwolf pack gets recommended to 1.0.20 ( on 1.0.19 at the moment ) it will include Witchery . . . . will I need a complete world restart to get the most of this mod ? ? ?

Or should I just use Mystcraft a create a new world ??

Thanks for the help

I added Witchery to DW20 a few weeks ago. It's nice to hear i won't have to manually re-add it when it updates.

Witchery's world gen consists of:
--Small houses that Coven witches spawn in
--Witchery Villagers
--Witch Circles

While none are particularly needed to go through the mod, the Witch Circle does have witch spawners and some loot. There's no pressing need to start a new world.
As far as the witches go, they are mobs so they should spawn anywhere, unless they are biome dependent. They shouldn't need new chunks.
They don't seem to be. I've had one spawn right next to my base in a plains biome. The closest witch circle is a couple hundred blocks away.

TROOPERscrat

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the response . . . . I’ve wanted to give into this mod a go since Direwolf made his mod spotlight but me and my world have been
through a lot since 1.0.0 and rescued it many times . . . . I think this weekend will update pack to 1.0.20 and give Witchery a go

Thanks again

:)

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the response . . . . I’ve wanted to give into this mod a go since Direwolf made his mod spotlight but me and my world have been
through a lot since 1.0.0 and rescued it many times . . . . I think this weekend will update pack to 1.0.20 and give Witchery a go

Thanks again

:)
I've wanted to play with witchery since I found out that a certain ritual can change the biome. Being able to build anywhere and worry about biomes later is a fairly nice luxury.

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
Atm im just waiting on them to update witchery to its latest version. I want to set up a brazier room in my tower and summon Death for epic battles. Fought Baba Yaga the other day and it was great! Cant wait to have a new boss to fight.