[Witchery] Demon summoning and trading

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I want to summon (for the first time) a demon in regrowth, but when i wanted to look up demon trading, i literally found nothing (or it is very well hidden). I would like to have my resources ready before having to run around my base while an angry 5 foot tall bomb shooting guy is waiting.for me.

So, would someone please be so kind to point me to a list of possible demon tradings? Also, how strong are the flame shots by the demon? Do i need to set up an obsidian wall? My base is mostly open.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You can do a rite of imprisonment at the same time as the rite for the demon. It's just slimeball + redstone with a 7x7 circle. That'll give you time to get what you need.

But also, I was in an obsidian room shaped just big enough to fit the largest circle in, by the way - just didn't want him to blow my world up!

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I already knew about the imprisoment spell (though it was a little wonky for me, shrug) but that doesn't keep the fireballs in.

After some intense research it seems that the ONLY relevant trade (without the devil charm) is 30x gold bars for one demonheart, two trades max (per demon). There are other trades for enchanted books and similar, but no other for hearts.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
What went wonky

And about trades, that's exactly what I got - 30 bars per heart, two trades.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
It varies.

Sometimes it wants some emeralds, sometimes blaze rods, diamonds, magma creams, gold bars. It's not two trades max, either. It tends to vary, maybe from modpack to modpack.

It offers demon hearts, enchanted books (Looting/Fortune 3 or Silk Touch for example), sometimes other things.

I build a blast-resistant wall outside the circles before summoning, and put up a wall closer to it after summoning. I can jump and right-click it to trade, while being relatively safe.