Wish to remove NEI and other CodeChicken Mods/Coremods

PenPhantom

Jul 29, 2019
I am aware this probably belongs in bugs or support, but I do not have permissions to make a new thread.

I am attempting to install the Metaworlds mod, which I know to be incompatible with NEI, into Direwolf20 - 1.6.4 version. So, I first deleted NEI and NEI-related files; crashed (game stopped loading saying 'could not find NEI-blah-blah).

Then, I did some research, and found out I need to delete CodeChickenCore and the mods that use it. I did so, and now the same crash and message, but instead saying the game did not find CodeChickenCore.jar.

I would really like to be able to remove this mod and replace it with TMI, so that I can use the Metaworlds mod. Do I just have no choice in what inventory editor I'm allowed to use, or am I forgetting to delete something? I've uploaded the forge-crash-thingies corresponding to both respective crashes.

Attachments

• ForgeModLoader-client-0 log (removing CCC).txt
    322.1 KB · Views: 52
  • ForgeModLoader-client-1 log (removing NEI).txt
    332.8 KB · Views: 56

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Didn't check the logs (mobile), but since you're cutting out chickenbones's mods, make sure you remove ChickenChunks, Translocators, and NEI since those all rely on CodeChickenCore.

Edit: Just read the first log listed there (removal of CCC), and you need to cut Project Red as well.

Edit 2: The second log tells me that you need to cut WAILA as well, since that requires NEI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geometry and YX33A

PenPhantom

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, WAILA I can deal with, but Project Red too?! Dangit, I really liked having redpower back; Eloraam fell off the planet or something.

*sigh* Oh well, no Metaworlds for me, I guess. Pooh.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Is metaworlds incompatible with code chicken core? I would be surprised if project red was dependent on NEI so you might be able to get away with just Waila and NEI and then you might be able to leave CCC and other chickenbones mods in. Don't take my word for it though

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Blasphemy! Nei is epic, as are code chickens mods! CODE CHICKEN IS LIFE!My little rant aside, I'd just say do what the above poster said.