Wireless power transmission?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MikW

Are there any good mods that provide wireless power transmission in DW20 1.10.2? I'm setting up a power gen room and I need a good way to transmit power wirelessly.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Most likely not in direwolf20 but inductive automation has an item for wireless power and can even transmit it to a player's inventory

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Are there any good mods that provide wireless power transmission in DW20 1.10.2? I'm setting up a power gen room and I need a good way to transmit power wirelessly.
RFtools has its powercells; these can be used with linking cards (you might need to look up the mechanic for this) which allows linked cells to be effectively treated as a single shared energy storage unit with the collective storage capacity of all cells comprising it. So if each cell held 1,000,000 RF, and you had 5 linked together, each would act as a single synchronised 5,000,000 RF storage cell. So, if you have RF pumping into one cell in your power gen room, you can then have it coming out of cells in all the rooms you use power, ergo wireless power transmission :)

Reactions: Inaeo and Pyure

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
You can always use Draconic Evolution Crystals or the Ender IO Dimension Transceiver. Oh how I miss tesseracts :l I cri.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You can always use Draconic Evolution Crystals or the Ender IO Dimension Transceiver. Oh how I miss tesseracts :l I cri.
I would say that the DE crystals are not exactly "wireless" per se, much like the AA lasers, they have distance limits and you need to chain them together. Though there IS a wireless crystal that can transmit energy to machines a short distance away. In fact, if you were to combine those with another method, that could be interesting!

Have your RFtools energy cell or EnderIO wireless transceiver (good call on that, that's definitely wireless power transmission, though I don't see your point about Tesseracts as the Transceiver has almost identical functionality) attached to a DE I/O crystal, link that to a DE Wireless energy transceiver, and then link that to each of your machines in a room. Rinse and repeat as needed.

The downside with the DE route is that the wireless transceiver crystal doohickey still needs to be linked manually to each machine; what you can't do is just plonk down a machine in a room and it just works. The only way I know of to do that is the Extra Utilities 2 wireless RF battery and Wireless RF Transmitter. And even then, you may need to right-click the transmitter again when you put down a new machine to get it to connect.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'll second RFTools. So many things in that mod are becoming staples of my play now.

The less used method it to charge batteries (capacitors, etc.), then send them wirelessly to a destination to be drained, then shipped back for recharge. A single Enderchest and some filtered conduits can suffice, although I prefer one chest for charged and one for drained, due mostly to my OCD. What's nice about this method is that it is incredibly easy to expand, and it generally plays well cross mod.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'll second RFTools. So many things in that mod are becoming staples of my play now.

The less used method it to charge batteries (capacitors, etc.), then send them wirelessly to a destination to be drained, then shipped back for recharge. A single Enderchest and some filtered conduits can suffice, although I prefer one chest for charged and one for drained, due mostly to my OCD. What's nice about this method is that it is incredibly easy to expand, and it generally plays well cross mod.
On that point: in my experience previously, the Actually Additions Energizer and Evervator (charger and discharger respectively) work VERY quickly with its various batteries - I haven't tested the limits, but I've always been restricted solely by how quickly I can get RF out of the Enervator, rather than how quickly it drains the battery.