[WIP] ModBlock Modpack [HQM-Skyblock (Might not be what you think)]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Would you play this?

• Yes (By myself)

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Yes (With friends)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

DrSoda

Jul 29, 2019
GXrY2qf.jpg
NOTE: This pack is no ME^4, Running Red 2, or anything. This is a simple pack, yes I know. That's the point. If you read the "The Idea" section, you will understand what my inspiration was, and this is NOT meant to be a super customized modpack. Also, I do what I want with this modpack, but keep in mind I do take suggestions.

Changes in Plan

After working with this for a while, I have decided I will only do about 5 quests to teach you how to progress, and the rest is a sandbox modpack.

The Idea:

Back in the Ultimate days, I was watching a youtuber play FTB Ultimate, with the classic Skyblock map. What he did what he gave himself a minium stone from EE, and from that he was able to get anything in the game at the end of the series (I'm not going to link it because I do not want to advertise for him, and I know he wasn't the first so I don't want to deal with that shit).

I wanted to make a map specific for modded skyblock, so if someone else wanted to do the same, they easily could, by downloading my map and playing with specific packs.

One problem. I am lazy. I never found the motivation to do it... Until now. With all these mods like HQM, Minetweaker, etc. I can make the modpack I have dreamed of, and *hopefully* people would play it.

What I have:
Right now, I have finished the map portion. I have a custom skyblock item done (Still need to figure out how to do the nether, want a full void nether with an island like in the overworld).

I have made a custom item, with the Custom Items mod, called the "Item Transmutator". I added custom recipes to it using Minetweaker, to act similar to the way the Minium Stone did back in Ultimate (ex: 2 wood = obsidian; 4 obsidian = iron; 8 iron = gold; etc.).

Nether Island Complete.

Working On/Needs to be worked on:
  • Basic ~5 Quests to show you how to play
  • Recipe changes/Balancing

How you would progress:
To progress you would need to get a twilight forest portal. This gets you most of the things you need from the overworld. Everything in the nether would either be craftable, found on floating islands in the nether, be transmutable, or found on the nether island. Yes, you will be able to go to the end, but it will require you beating the wither.

What I need from you:
Feedback of my ideas.
Suggestions for things I have not mentioned.
Let me know if you would play this, and if so, would you play it with friends or by yourself?

Current Mod List:

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'd definitely give this a go! :)

So when you say you get most of what you need from the TF, would that generate as normal then, and have most of your vanilla "Overworld" stuff, plus ores and things?

- GwnG

ShadowCube273

Jul 29, 2019
Sign me up! :D

Skyblock is my fav twist to mc. ;)

P.S. If you're adding all the transmutation recipes, there's a dupe glitch in EE.

Cobble - 1 EMC
Cobble Slab - 1 EMC

3 Cobble - 6 Cobble Slab ;)