[WIP] Extreme Reactors Simulator

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
As I didn't want to continue necro'ing the previous thread, I've made a thread to discuss the extreme reactors simulator I am working on.

Also, to prove I'm doing stuff, have this:

reactor.gif

D

Doken

I'm surprised that nobody's posted any positive feedback, just a few likes. This has been needed for over a year.
I'm no programmer, but I think the ideal solution would be to be able to load up the .jar and .config files and run the simulator off the data within.
Future proof it.
Either way, I'd love to see this simulator finished

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Loading the jar would probably be really hard, but loading the config might be possible. Could pose a security risk though. Just being able to enter the config values you have would already be quite nice, I'd say.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Loading the jar would probably be really hard, but loading the config might be possible. Could pose a security risk though. Just being able to enter the config values you have would already be quite nice, I'd say.
Loading the .jar file is pretty much impossible as everything the mod needs access to needs to be faked (forge and minecraft). I don't see how loading the config file would be a security risk though.
The only way I can see it being a security risk is if the processing is done on a server and even then the problem is with file uploads being insecure in general which is a problem that got fixed long ago.

Parsing the config file may be problematic, if there isn't a good method available but at worst case its probably a dive into forge to see how its gone there.

However, if it was my project I would get it to a workable state first and add stuff like that later. (or better yet, make it open source so others can add that stuff for me :p )

D

Doken

A config file for the program is another option, a simple text file that provides the pertinent data that can add/edit fluids and blocks.
The end user could, for example add EnderIO blocks and fluids, and correct anything that changes in the future.
It's not hard to browse a jar file to find that info if you have a basic idea how programming works.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The mod defaults can be hardcoded. They're not stored in the ini file in an easy to extract way.
The ability to read the .cfg file out of a minecraft profiles config folder would be useful however, as modpacks frequently tweak things.