(WIP) Awakening

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
You hear screams, the earth shakes, heat brushes past your face, and your entire body rushes with a surge of a tingling sensation. It is all chaos, destruction, and madness. The blood-curdling cries of women and children, the desperate calls of men to their families and friends, and the unidentifiable sounds of something you've never even heard before fill your ears. Why is all this happening? What is happening? The cries suddenly become muffled, your vision goes black, and everything feels like it all is spinning away from you. You clamber to try to grasp what is happening but all you see is a black nothingness; everything seems to fade completely away.

In the distance, you begin to hear what sounds like a bird chirping. That can't possibly be right...wait, and now there's an annoying drone of what sounds like...a cicada? Where is it coming from? Feelings starts to come back a little now. Your limbs feel sore and slightly numb, but you open your eyes. Was it all a dream? What happened? Why can't you remember all the details? After finally coming back to reality, you look around. Forest. Forests of tall trees decorate the landscape around you. You had been laying on the ground beneath you just seconds ago with no shelter, no food, and apparently, all you have are the clothes on your back.....and this odd pile of books on the ground. Where did they even come from? If all that was just a dream, what is this place, where are you, and most importantly, why can't you remember...anything?

Ladies, gentlemen, and those which are something or someone else entirely, I present to you my first modpack! Well, that's what I would be saying if it were finished, but...it's not. Yet. That being said, I thought now would be a great time to give everyone a taste of what is to come. Awakening is a magical modpack that is exploration, progression, and combat-focused. Its purpose is to keep you on your toes with every boss fight, force you to delve into mods you maybe in the past have ignored, and utilize mechanics in creative ways to try to keep yourself alive or to slay those less than....pleasant beings who stand in your way. Awakening will utilize HQM as a guide to help you know how to and where to progress, but I do NOT suggest enabling hardcore mode with limited lives. Additionally, I intend to leave you a nice story full of twists, turns, and shameless puns. If you're the type to ignore such things, I bite my tongue at thee, but I suppose you're still welcome to play anyway.

Your goal of this pack is to learn more about the world you woke up to, how to survive within it with its strange rules and members, delve into whatever magic you can get your hands on, and hopefully try to uncover what weird concoction it was that you drank before you went to sleep the night before that caused all this. Was all that a dream? If so, why are you alone in a forest? If it wasn't, what happened? Are you dreaming now? Are you dreaming of having dreamed? Why does slapping yourself hurt so bad, then? Feel free to leave questions, comments, concerns, or cat pictures. I'll be updating this post as I make progress or if I catch various grammatical errors.

Current Running ModList:
Accidentally Circumstantial Events
Bibliocraft (and the woods added)
BiomeTweaker
Blood Arsenal
Blood Magic
Botania
NEI/CodeCore
CoFHCore
Custom Main Menu
Dimensional Doors
EnderCoor/EnderZoo