[WIP] [1.7.10] Capitalism, Ho!

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been playing a pack called Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory, a pack where you use Thaumcraft Golems and Thermal Expansion machines to automate items and earn money (Quicksilver, also from Thaumcraft), and buy upgrades for your factory and other items. It's a great pack, and you should definitely try it out. (If you find the thread! ;))

While I like the pack, it does have room for improvement, and I think there's lots of things to change and mods to add that could make the pack even better than it already is! I have a plan for a pack that has the same basic concept as Golem Factory, and has much more depth, mods, and stuff to do and buy!

I have no experience with making modpacks, as this is my first one and I don't know if this project will see the light of day, but I hopefully will be able to get it out there! :)

What mods will be in the pack? Well...

Baubles
CodeChickenCore
CoFHCore
Extra Utilities
Forge Multipart
Hardcore Questing Mode
HarvestCraft
Lockdown
Mantle
Not Enough Items
Tinker's Construct
Thaumcraft
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation

There ARE going to be more mods than just these, but these are mods that will be in the pack no matter what.

Like I said, check out Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory, as it's the pack that inspired this one! ;)

If you have any suggestions, comments, or questions, then reply to the thread! It's easy!

Last edited:

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
There's a machine called the Cyclic Assembler in Thermal Expansion that can craft items if the ingredients are in it's inventory and a schematic for the item being crafted, so Automagy wouldn't be necessary.

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't looked into Automagy too much, so I might check it out and add it, but the basic concept of the pack is to automate by having Thaumcraft Golems use Thermal Expansion machines, not have the golems do absolutely everything.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
The idia wih automagy is not to completly make the golems to do enything, it is to make it possible for them to do more and to extend your limits