Windows 10 99% cpu/memory

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
T

TheWay

Title Windows 10 99% cpu/memory

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack every single one

Modpack version every single one

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue when trying to open any modpack I get 99% cpu and 99% memory use in my task manager which in turn leads to the game lagging and crashing and failing overall please fix this your logging is making windows 10 pretty much count everything 2 times and log/store it its self in its compressed memory (the new way windows 10 works etc) I can't think of what to really do but download and mod minecraft as a standalone and just not use FTB thanks!

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
your logging is making windows 10 pretty much count everything 2 times and log/store it its self in its compressed memory (the new way windows 10 works etc)

Compressed memory what? Can you post a link to resource which explains that thing? I have never heard about such a thing. Why Microsoft is not providing information how java applications must be coded for Windows 10?

T

TheWay

Its simple windows 10 has its own memory system now more like a logging system to make some (not every game) games run better. I suggest looking up windows 10 memory leaks in general and get a guide on what I am saying. But its some new dumb shit they added to windows 10 I use to have windows 8 but it forced the update on me I also ran most FTB modpacks before windows 10 perfectly fine with no lag. It has to be with the new windows 10 memory system. Idk how else to really explain it if you don't know how windows 10 works man sorry.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
When you go into the Windows 10 task maanger click on the button on the bottom that says more details. The click on the top of the CPU column. That should show you the top hitters to your CPU usage. That will give you a better idea what is causing the problem. I have two windows 10 systems and both of them play FTB packs just fine using both launchers (curse & legacy). So I don't think this is a windows 10 issue. More likely your system has something else taking the CPU. Male-ware or a virus maybe?

Also what are you system specs (CPU & RAM)?

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Or the problem is the pack you are using. How much is it logging? Broken mods?