Windows 10 64 bit Java

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

RedTheBard

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Windows 10 64 bit Java
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
N/A
Modpack Version:
N/A
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I recently got a new laptop, an Alienware 17, and with it the upgrade to windows 10. The FTB launcher downloads fine, but it prompts me to download 64 bit java. However, attempting to download it leads to Windows Smartscreen to say it was an unsafe file. ignoring that, and attempting to download it anyway either leads to Windows telling me "this app can't run on your PC" or telling me the file I'm trying to run that I just downloaded doesn't exist. Without 64 bit java, as you may know, FTB can only allocate 1 gig of RAM, which makes playing larger modpacks impossible. For reference, I tried to download version 8 update 51 of Java. please, help me if you have any info.