Wind Mill Doesn't Work

Pro50Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
I have a windmill set up like this one in my single player world. It does NOT work so I went to test it in creative and it still doesn't work like this.
Ta8ezZGzIqFH9vtbe7DBp7iVU4gMV7yxYF1Xivv20pHKVri08cmcKes13ROBbVY3_A=w1808-h705

The wind mill is at 116 and it is not powering the BatBox directly below it. Am I doing something wrong or is it glitched?

Thank You

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
I would think the copper cable is too long. Switch it out with Tin Cables or move the Batbox closer to the Wind Mill.

Pro50Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have Tin Cables in my custom FTB Unleashed.

Also the Batbox was 6 blocks below the Wind Mill.

Thanks though

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Um, the image broke. My recommendation would be to never use anything besides Glass Fibre Cables or the mega-insulated cables for reactors. Anything else is just ridiculous with power loss.

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have Tin Cables in my custom FTB Unleashed.

Also the Batbox was 6 blocks below the Wind Mill.

Thanks though

If you have windmills then you have tin cables... They are in the same mod...

The windmills are producing less power than you are losing over the span of the cables... For example windmills produce 20 you are losing 30 over the span of the cables... (Made up numbers for the example obviously)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
They might be too high.
One of the things changed in IC2 experimental is that if a windmill is going to produce more than 5 EU/t, it produces nothing. The higher windmills are, the more power they make.

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
They might be too high.
One of the things changed in IC2 experimental is that if a windmill is going to produce more than 5 EU/t, it produces nothing. The higher windmills are, the more power they make.
So, they nerfed the power source 2% of people used into oblivion? Can I ask why?

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
So, they nerfed the power source 2% of people used into oblivion? Can I ask why?

Because silly and pointless nerfs that serve little to no purpose other than forcing you to spend more time doing tedious tasks and/or forcing you to use other "better" machines is apparently the motto for ICX.

Reactions: PierceSG