Wimps and wussies (accordind to configs) unite!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
While I tend not to tone things down much I can't blame folks for turning off Warp in a mod pack. While I find dealing with warp interesting it becomes intrusive when you want to give Thaumcraft a rest. I mean in my play I was killed constantly by packs of 4-7 Guardians while I was building my reactor, I actually went and upgraded TC4 to a newer version becasue it had added a warp removing soap, now I only get 1-2 guardians every hour as opposed to 4-6 every 15 mins. Then again I'm not sure what version you FTB folk are stuck on...

If modders give a shit about their player bases sensibilities or even respects them even a little. They may not want to call people wimps via their configs...

Ya even tho I brought up the wussies thing in jest I can't lie it bugs me a tiny bit. At least in the case of Azanor I don't get why he wants to permanently screw with your worlds but he does give me an option to change it. I take the wussie in stride because even though I don't know him I have heard him in videos. Hearing wussie in my head in his accent make me smile.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If modders give a shit about their player bases sensibilities or even respects them even a little. They may not want to call people wimps via their configs...
I believe modders use those words as a joke, not meaning anything serious by it. BUT also have a point, "unless it is something you have done hundreds of times before, it is something you should try at least once seeing as I (the modder) spent a long time working on this feature"

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I believe modders use those words as a joke, not meaning anything serious by it. BUT also have a point, "unless it is something you have done hundreds of times before, it is something you should try at least once seeing as I (the modder) spent a long time working on this feature"
The joke would be fine if you were in fact toning it down because it was too hard but if it's becasue the mechanic is really irritating and intrusive such language can only irritate, even if meant in jest actually ESPECIALLY if made in jest.

Thankfully each iteration of TC4 has been adding new methods of controlling warp like the spa for simpler bath salt and the soap. What I'm waiting for is a warp negation AOE ward that makes it impossible for warp to happen if in a certain zone. It could even require vis and or essentia to fuel/power it. If it's not added to TC4 hopefully it would be added to one of the popular addons, Thaumic Tinkerer, Forbidden magic and the like. Actually the extra warp those addons push you in to you would think it was the first thing to action upon hearing about warp.
That might actually be where the problem lies, I'm using TT and FM of which FM has almost 70% of it's stuff has a warp value.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How about an anti warp wand foci @Azanor ? You have the wand foci on your wand, and you don't get warp effects, but it slowly drains your wand of vis

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I have a dungeons mod that gives me towers to find with starter gear. The idea of the mod is to start with whats at the top of the tower and fight your way down upgrading as you go.

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
I'm not really a wimp or wuss, but I am lazy. The first mods I usually add to a modpack are Treecapitator, EnchantView, and Ellian Detector. Oh so lazy I am.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really a wimp or wuss, but I am lazy. The first mods I usually add to a modpack are Treecapitator, EnchantView, and Ellian Detector. Oh so lazy I am.

Love treecapitator but I generally just cheat in a tinkers stone broad axe and go from there as my own form of balance. The wimp and wuss thing is just a joke as a couple of the mods in their configs call you names jokingly for tuning stuff down. I'm super lazy too. My early game flight... Creative mode toggle on a mouse button :p