Will This Smeltery Automation Method Work?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
First, I'm going to pour all my liquids into one smeltery. I'll hook up Liquid Transfer nodes to my smeltery drains, then connect them to a variety of Iron tanks.

Each tank will have a sorting pipe on its valve to ensure it only gets one type of liquid, and there will be a limited number of tanks. This ensures that I don't get unwanted liquids in my tanks. For example, if I only have tanks for Aluminum Brass, Manyulyyn, Ardite, and glass, then the sorting pipes ensure I'll never get liquid Obsidian in any of my tanks.

Each iron tank will then have several valves connected to Smeltery Faucets and Casting Basins/tables. I'll need to discriminate between the basins and tables in order to produce the right proportions of say, clear glass panes and clear glass blocks. So the basins and tables will each have their own ME level emitter. The level emitters will activate/deactivate a redstone clock, which will then cause the faucets to pour if there is not enough of that material in my ME system.

For bonus points, I can automate production of TC tool parts. First I make a pattern which says "1 dirt = Manyullyn Tool rod". I then place this pattern in an ME interface. The dirt is sent through a buildcraft gate. The gate generates a redstone pulse which is sent to a specific smeltery drain on the Manyulyyn tank which has a tool rod cast in its casting table. The drain then pours the tool rod which is extracted by a hopper and ME interface.

I repeat this for every tool part I desire. So for example, a Manyulyyn Pickaxe Head could use the pattern "1 sand = Manyulyyn Pickaxe Head", which is placed in an interface, which sends sand through a gate which sends a signal to a smeltery faucet over a pickaxe head cast, which pours the manyulyyn, makes the pickaxe head, and sends it back to the ME system.

Do I have this right? I really don't wanna build this whole convoluted system only to find out it won't work.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
If you pour all the liquids into one smeltery you will make unintended alloys. This is why in DW20's video from last season he had a smeltery for each metal alloy.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The alloy mixing happens inside the smeltery, not outside, so one smeltery won't work for all the metals.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried this over the past ways and the simplest method (though not efficient) is to have a smeltery for each piece you want to build. Right now, I have 5 smelteries for automating cobalt, ardite, manyullyn, alumite, and aluminum brass BLOCK production.

You'll need to make a lot more smelteries if you want to automate different parts. Your idea with dirt to the specific tool is an interesting one; however, you'll need to use a lot of different material aside from dirt so that you can control the flow of where these things would go (e.g., cobble to manyullyn blade, gravel to manyullyn pick head, etc).

I've recently made a thread on this similar topic...http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/trying-to-integrate-tc-smeltery-into-ae-autocrafting.31935/