Will there be an ipad ftb app in the future?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

touristterrist

Jul 29, 2019
Well i wasnt sure where to put this, but i was curious, will or is there going to be an ipad ftb app for the ipad, know you are probs gonna say, just use your pc, and i have an a okay pc, it's just that it'd be cool having that app for your ipad.

I would love to know if there would be any plans in the future.

Cheers,
Touristerrist.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well i wasnt sure where to put this, but i was curious, will or is there going to be an ipad ftb app for the ipad, know you are probs gonna say, just use your pc, and i have an a okay pc, it's just that it'd be cool having that app for your ipad.

Cheers,
Touristerrist.

what would a FTB app do? :confused:
I rarely use a cellphone so I've no idea what the purpose of a FTB app would be...

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
You can play minecraft on phones now, but there's no mod support as of now. And really, if you want that just stick to the computer.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing you're a new ipad owner? Don't worry, you'll get over your case of the shinies soon enough. Or, y'know, root your machine and install windows 8 somehow, and run FTB off of that. It's probably possible.

Last edited:

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen the point of tablet computers myself - they might have a use in a corporate or educational environment, but from a personal point of view, the gap between a smartphone and a laptop is too small to justify the cost of a separate device.

I doubt mods will ever make their way to PE, so an FTB app would be kind of useless.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't really understand the question. An App for what? Sure you can play and dumbed down version of vanilla MC on phones etc. But these devices don't have the hardware for anything more than that. Specially not an Ipad! So what exactly would you like an app to do?

touristterrist

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it'd be great to play whilst you're traveling and etc...

And yeah i know this question sounds kinda dumb.

But an ftb app for iPad's mine-craft Pocket edition would be just amazing.

But please don't hate me for suggesting something stupid :(

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it'd be great to play whilst you're traveling and etc...

And yeah i know this question sounds kinda dumb.

But an ftb app for iPad's mine-craft Pocket edition would be just amazing.

But please don't hate me for suggesting something stupid :(
The issue is, there's no way to do modded Minecraft on a mobile device, iPads included.

Reactions: RedBoss

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com

Cheers,
Touristerrist.
They'll probably be a FTB wiki app eventually, if that's what you mean.

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming "ftb app" means a launcher for ftb modded-minecraft on a mobile device, I think run pretty much nailed it - mobile minecraft is already stripped down and simplified so that those devices can *barely* play vanilla - a mod pack with dozens of new mods would probably be out of the question.

Moreover, applications and software made for use on iPads and similar devices are actually developed especially for that - you can't just install PC software into it and expect it to run, which means that not only would the FTB launcher need to be written to work on iOS, but so would all of the mods! We're all going stir-crazy waiting for these mods to finish being updated to 1.6 and eventually 1.7 - expecting the mod developers to simultaneously develop for a completely different platform is out of the question, methinks.

I do agree that it would be nice to live in a world where the boundaries between devices and what-can-run-which-software were more transparent. I guess we're not there yet, but who knows - perhaps by the time minecraft 3.0 and later versions roll out, tablet devices will have evolved to the point where "compatibility" is a thing of the past. In the meantime, there's plenty of non-minecraft iPad software to explore, so I'm sure you'll be able to find something to spend your tablet-time on :p

Reactions: jokermatt999

touristterrist

Jul 29, 2019
Buy a gaming/performance laptop instead.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

That's a little too expensive for my taste, I got this iPad 4, for around $500, a gaming Laptop costs around about a $1,000. Also this iPad 4 was a birthday gift for mah 21st, so I really had no option, but to get it, and it does the job really well.

And yeah, by the look of these answers i'll have to find some other games to play on my iPad to keep me busy, but I hope an Admin comes in help out too :D

Last edited:

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
That's a little too expensive for my taste, I got this iPad 4, for around $500, a gaming Laptop costs around about a $1,000. Also this iPad 4 was a birthday gift for mah 21st, so I really had no option, but to get it, and it does the job really well.
You can build a decent quality computer for the amount spent on the ipad.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you're out of luck there then. Mobile games aren't very moddable, I assume.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
No, because the pocket edition uses C++, not Java, and already modding a mobile game in a closed source environment is extremely difficult.

Reactions: PierceSG