Will switching modpacks ruin my world?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

minicl55

Jul 29, 2019
I have a server running direwolf20 v5. Will changing to Mindcrack (whatever the latest pack is) break ANYTHING WHATSOEVER in my world?

digge

Jul 29, 2019
Why dont you just make a backup and try it and see how it works? I swapped from mindcrack to direwolf on a testworld and seems to have worked fine.

minicl55

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I don't exactly trust that the server owner will make a backup successfully... So I thought I'd ask here.

No offence skull.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
only mods direwolf20 pack has that mindcrack dont is gravity gun and compact solars but thay use same IDs so any compact solars will turn into advanced ones only problem i can see is you wont have any gregtech ores in the chunks already generated

minicl55

Jul 29, 2019
Skull - We aren't using the Gravity gun or compact solars, so MAKE SURE TO BACK UP then upgrade to mindcrack. t's more fun. We can use mystcraft for new ores.

EDIT: Skull wait until derezz is ok with it

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
To confirm, you should have no issues switching packs provided you don't have Advanced Solar Panels and Compact Solars installed at the same time as they use the same block ID on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.