Will recognised users of the forum have special titles?

Canotsa

Jul 29, 2019
Loothias said:
It will be interesting to see how this website uses the rank system not as a showing off feature but has a purpose. BTW how many ranks are there at the moment and is it harder to get the rank above??

I think you rise every 10 posts.
0-9 is dirt
10-19 is gravel
20-29 is cactus
etc. etc. etc.

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
I think it should be exponental

0-9 dirt
10-29 gravel
30-69 etc.

(I am not saying these numbers are the best but it was the first thing I thought of)

Canotsa

Jul 29, 2019
Loothias said:
I think it should be exponental

0-9 dirt
10-29 gravel
30-69 etc.

(I am not saying these numbers are the best but it was the first thing I thought of)

Yeah i agree. Getting a new rank should be something you should look forward to.
not a 10 post boring achievement

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
forevermac said:
I like the idea of post-based ranks (they're fun, and it's kinda cool to see how many posts people have), but I'd like to have different tags for those integrated in the FTB team (modders whose mods are in the pack, for example). Doing so is rather helpful when looking for 'official' answers instead of many users answering a question based on what they're guessing.

i do like this idea, having separate ranks for those that are recognized on the TS server or by the admins themselves, aka, FTB mod Dev, Testers etc etc

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
BouncyBalls said:
So whats the highest rank you can get just by posting? diamond?
I personally think that there should also be mod blocks put into the mix, since the FTB pack is really all about mods. So, perhaps either Dark matter, or a Gravitron Suit.

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
WayofTime said:
BouncyBalls said:
So whats the highest rank you can get just by posting? diamond?
I personally think that there should also be mod blocks put into the mix, since the FTB pack is really all about mods. So, perhaps either Dark matter, or a Gravitron Suit.
Was just about to say that. But yes mods all the way!!!!!!

adib

Jul 29, 2019
BouncyBalls said:
Yes but how do we say one is better than the other? Like is Rm better than a nano saber?
i guess a bit based on materials used to craft+a bit of randomness.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
BouncyBalls said:
Yes but how do we say one is better than the other? Like is Rm better than a nano saber?
I think there would be a general consensus on which one would be better. Perhaps factor in positively things like power and cost, but negatively on how much each use per "swipe."

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
BouncyBalls said:

Since you used "RM" I will assume you mean RM Sword, since Nano Saber is a sword too;

Hit the "release charge" button and you'll see which one is th better =D (overpowered to say the least) lol