Will recognised users of the forum have special titles?

  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Canotsa

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
65
0
0
Loothias said:
It will be interesting to see how this website uses the rank system not as a showing off feature but has a purpose. BTW how many ranks are there at the moment and is it harder to get the rank above??

I think you rise every 10 posts.
0-9 is dirt
10-19 is gravel
20-29 is cactus
etc. etc. etc.
 

Loothias

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
62
0
0
I think it should be exponental

0-9 dirt
10-29 gravel
30-69 etc.

(I am not saying these numbers are the best but it was the first thing I thought of)
 

Canotsa

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
65
0
0
Loothias said:
I think it should be exponental

0-9 dirt
10-29 gravel
30-69 etc.

(I am not saying these numbers are the best but it was the first thing I thought of)

Yeah i agree. Getting a new rank should be something you should look forward to.
not a 10 post boring achievement
 

Umbra

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
79
2
1
forevermac said:
I like the idea of post-based ranks (they're fun, and it's kinda cool to see how many posts people have), but I'd like to have different tags for those integrated in the FTB team (modders whose mods are in the pack, for example). Doing so is rather helpful when looking for 'official' answers instead of many users answering a question based on what they're guessing.


i do like this idea, having separate ranks for those that are recognized on the TS server or by the admins themselves, aka, FTB mod Dev, Testers etc etc
 

WayofTime

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
573
0
0
BouncyBalls said:
So whats the highest rank you can get just by posting? diamond?
I personally think that there should also be mod blocks put into the mix, since the FTB pack is really all about mods. So, perhaps either Dark matter, or a Gravitron Suit.
 

Loothias

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
62
0
0
WayofTime said:
BouncyBalls said:
So whats the highest rank you can get just by posting? diamond?
I personally think that there should also be mod blocks put into the mix, since the FTB pack is really all about mods. So, perhaps either Dark matter, or a Gravitron Suit.
Was just about to say that. But yes mods all the way!!!!!!
 

adib

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
441
0
0
BouncyBalls said:
Yes but how do we say one is better than the other? Like is Rm better than a nano saber?
i guess a bit based on materials used to craft+a bit of randomness.
 

WayofTime

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
573
0
0
BouncyBalls said:
Yes but how do we say one is better than the other? Like is Rm better than a nano saber?
I think there would be a general consensus on which one would be better. Perhaps factor in positively things like power and cost, but negatively on how much each use per "swipe."
 

DarkJDL

New Member
Jul 29, 2019
146
0
0
BouncyBalls said:
Yes but how do we say one is better than the other? Like is Rm better than a nano saber?

Since you used "RM" I will assume you mean RM Sword, since Nano Saber is a sword too;

Hit the "release charge" button and you'll see which one is th better =D (overpowered to say the least) lol