Will offline play ever be fixed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Ive asked about this before and was given a bunch of procedures to try fixing it including sending the log. Nothing has worked. It's obviously broken. So those times I don't have Internet access the one thing I could do to occupy time is unavailable because the FTB launcher has to go online every time I use it in order to authenticate my Mojang account. Can the FTB team please fix this?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
One workaround is to use the MultiMC launcher. It has a setting to sync with your FTB packs, and does allow you to play in offline mode if you've logged in online at least once before.

Also, MMC has a bunch of useful features that the FTB launcher lacks. Do note that downloading and updating the FTB launcher is not one of them; you'll have to use the regular FTB launcher for that.

Reactions: RedBoss and McJty

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I only ever use the Vanilla launcher. I create a vanilla profile for each of my modpacks (from a variety of launchers), and copy the mods, config and other related folders from the modpack into the profile folder.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher does allow offline play, as I use it all the time.

Do you have the latest version of the launcher?
Do you have the pack downloaded beforehand?

Reactions: jikuja

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher does allow offline play, as I use it all the time.

Do you have the latest version of the launcher?
Do you have the pack downloaded beforehand?
Yes and yes. I've also enabled tokens etc. I've deleted and reinstalled the launcher a couple times. No matter what I try I still get the Mojang servers are down alert.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and yes. I've also enabled tokens etc. I've deleted and reinstalled the launcher a couple times. No matter what I try I still get the Mojang servers are down alert.
You need to have an official account to begin with.
Login ONLINE for one pack at least once, and then after that you should be fine.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
My cable provider was being screwy with the internet the other day, so I was forced offline for around 14 hours. I found that, if I just copied all of the mods to my vanilla installation and then started it that way, I was able to play the game with no problem. I couldn't get FTB nor Curse to load offline, which is funny because I'd used them both over the weekend. This was the first time I'd used the vanilla launcher since August or September.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Login ONLINE for one pack at least once, and then after that you should be fine.

IIRC, there is a very random and hard to reproduce bug that causes offline to not work. So while those steps work, it's only if you don't get hit by that bug.

My advice is to use MMC for offline, and if you don't care about updating packs all the time, just use it all the time.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Official account? Are you talking about the Mojang vanilla account? I have a valid minecraft game. Is there an official FTB account? I've been using FTB launcher for two years, is this something new? I've logged in thousands of times online.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, there is a very random and hard to reproduce bug that causes offline to not work. So while those steps work, it's only if you don't get hit by that bug.

My advice is to use MMC for offline, and if you don't care about updating packs all the time, just use it all the time.
I'm going to look in to MMC. I haven't tried curse offline yet either, may do that.

Thanks for all the replies.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Official account? Are you talking about the Mojang vanilla account? I have a valid minecraft game. Is there an official FTB account? I've been using FTB launcher for two years, is this something new? I've logged in thousands of times online.
Yeah, vanilla account