Will MindCrackers Start Making FTB Videos Again, in the Near Future?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
So will there be an updated MindCrack pack in the near future. I saw Baj made a video testing out their unfinished pack, and I've read that MindCrackers have said they're gonna start uploading FTB agian. Will this happen soon?

I posted the thread here becuase I don't think it should be on Mod Discussion (It's Mod Discussion, not Modpack Discussion).

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Once the pack is finished and released I do not see why their wouldn't be at least some videos of them playing on it. But will their be a full official mindcrack FTB server again? Well that is still unknown at this time, as Guudes hands are still extremely full currently with being the server admin for both mindcrack and playmindcrack, along with making the very few videos he can to earn a living with. I doubt that he could handle the stress of also being the admin for another server and a modded one at that with out being over whelmed.

Although Baj currently has a small server that he is using to test his pack with as indicated in his video.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

This is a preview of the pack. I'm not really interested in it. I really don't think it'll be entertaining to watch them play mod now that I most definitely know more about them than they do. Which is ironic because Bdubs & Generikb are the youtubers I credit with getting me interested in mods.

I do predict a less ic2 dominated pack. Most of them complained about GT in each vid to some degree. Etho apparently was the major party wanting GT and he never really used even basic ic2 machines.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I hope they do.

Some guys where kinda clueless, and felt like they where "forced" by the hype to play modded (its easy to tell because they did vanilla things in modded, while the rest at least tried mod stuff).

Some other guys where clueless too (at first), but where entertaining to watch, and i wish they kept doing FTB, even is SSP. (Anderz, generikb, zisteau, maybe etho.... the guys that stuck till the end).

I believe Anders had a lot of previous experience with mods, not technical, but magic/adventure based?

Anyways, I hope they get back to it!

Not the same thing, but I like the hermitcraft FTB series too.
They are kind of stale atm because they are waiting for an official release of monster, but watching Hypno, Sl1pg8r, etc do "cheaty" things with no regard for balance or OPness is very fun :)

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
The irony is that GT is the perfect mod for Etho. You see, Etho doesn't grind; He is action efficient (on the long run anyway) but not time efficient. He works on one thing at a time and as he moves along, he automatically builds up resources.
He would come across a dungeon chest with loot and say: "its a good thing I was lazy and didn't grind for this earlier, because now I get it for free and don't need to grind for it."

The only downside to this laid back attitude is that modded Minecraft changes to fast for him, he never got around GT because the season ended before he could have. If the season continued for longer, he would have eventually build up his GT base without any pain of grinding.

Look at his vanilla single player world, he is very wealthy in that world, not because he spend most of his time grinding, but because he didn't reset it in a long time, and has no plans to do so either.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
If you pay attention in his videos he did build all the GT machines thou mostly off camera as he felt that they did not make for good video. For most of his series he had them all tucked away in the corner of his giant hole in the ground of a base.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hoping they do start up FTB again, especially since they've got PSJ on the server now. He was the youtuber that first got me interested in Minecraft, and Bdoubleo100 was the one who got me watching Mindcrack.

In the first FTB season, I loved the steampunk B-team base. They are probably my favourite Mindcrackers... They're both very creative, and the "bumbling idiot mobsters who always screw up their plans" roleplay is hilarious. (Especially the emerald competition where Bdubs switched generikb's texture pack so he could use fake emerald blocks.)

Docm77's Thaumcraft tower was also very cool.

Reactions: Pied_Piper_11

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
If you pay attention in his videos he did build all the GT machines thou mostly off camera as he felt that they did not make for good video. For most of his series he had them all tucked away in the corner of his giant hole in the ground of a base.
He also apologized for being the main person wanting GT in the pack and using it the least. My whole point is that the FTB game play and tone changed drastically from beta 1.4.2 to the 1.4.7 Mindcrack pack. I think with the new mods available that they could do more and build crazier things without the oppression of the old pack.

I'd probably just check in Zisteau and the bteam occasionally either way.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
FTB was great but it proved to be more trouble then it is worth for some of the mindcrackers from what I can tell. As it requires quite the time sink for both learning and building things. Which makes it rather hard to balance time wise with the massive amount of off camera work they need to do, let a lone their other series.

Basically FTB trades the time sink of gathering supplies from vanilla minecraft for the insane sink of figuring out how to build what you want and all the time needed to build what you need for that. Which can easily lead to whole videos of them just staring at a crafting table and naturally poor video.

Last edited:

Zexks

Jul 29, 2019
The way they play, even if they do start another one I don't see it lasting any longer than the previous. Most of them have SSP series running as well as the vanilla SMP series, adding yet another SMP will only dilute the population on either server. This is essentially what happened with the first one. The new MC version came out and everyone jumped back over to the vanilla server. With few to no one on the modded server, they just stopped logging in there and thus the series' ends. They'll start another modded server that'll last a couple months till the next big vanilla update then they'll all jump back over and that'll be the end of another 'season' of modded minecrack SMP. They play for long term building, having a server around for many months if not a couple years, it's hard to have both a good vanilla SMP series as well as a good modded SMP series at the same time. Especially considering the whole point of SMP is to play with others, they tend to go to which ever server has the highest population. I love etho's series to death, but he's the prime example of why it won't go very far. He likes to take time with his builds and designs, time that isn't always available with the speed of updates in the modded community. Guude tried to do his turtle army but spending all your 'recording' time programming your army doesn't make for good content as such his episodes were less than scheduled (not to mention he also had to maintain the server). The only ones that had any decent success was b-dubs, genny and nebris. Doc got kind of far in his Thaumcraft stuff, but then got side tracked with his trinket machine in the Twilight Forest and spent most of his time afking for drops there.

Reactions: RedBoss

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Having played mindcrack in the past would you play something similarly updated? Personally i decided to go my own direction and build a pack from dw20's. I personally found some of the mods redundant having experience with most of them playing mindcrack so i removed some. Also what was it you liked best about mindcrack?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
also they don't like resetting so often the map (every MC version) which is what happens with FTB every single update.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
I do hope they end up doing more FTB; I credit Generikb with spurring my interest in (heavily) modded minecraft, and introducing me to the Sphax texture pack (two things that are now integral to Minecraft for me.)

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
Once the pack is finished and released I do not see why their wouldn't be at least some videos of them playing on it. But will their be a full official mindcrack FTB server again? Well that is still unknown at this time, as Guudes hands are still extremely full currently with being the server admin for both mindcrack and playmindcrack, along with making the very few videos he can to earn a living with. I doubt that he could handle the stress of also being the admin for another server and a modded one at that with out being over whelmed.

Although Baj currently has a small server that he is using to test his pack with as indicated in his video.

Guude doesn't make his living from Mindcrack, he has said from the very beginning that it is only a hobby for him and that he will never do it fulltime.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Wow if they keep Deadly World I am highly anticipating watching them die repeatedly :D

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019
From Baj video the pack looks a lot more pvp / adventuring oriented then the original. This time the can actually make a CoD map with guns.