Will all the mods currently in forgecraft be in the Ultimate pack?

jamesw40k

Jul 29, 2019
To give an official word on GregTech in the Ultimate Pack, it will be included, but disabled by default. Easily able to be turned on via the launcher, if you so desire. That is the current plan, but keep in mind all plans are still subject to change.

Do you mean the changes it makes will be disabled. Or will the entire mod be disabled?

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
The entire mod will be disabled, if the plan remains the same. Enabling the mod would just be the work of a few button presses within the launcher, though - the same as it is currently to enable or disable ANY mod in the pack.

ThyMrMan

Jul 29, 2019
That is something that I guess is good for those who don't like it and don't know about it, but make sure that you tell everyone using the pack that it is disabled by default, so people don't start a new world and find that all of their Gregtech stuff is missing.

Excalibur42

Jul 29, 2019
To give an official word on GregTech in the Ultimate Pack, it will be included, but disabled by default. Easily able to be turned on via the launcher, if you so desire. That is the current plan, but keep in mind all plans are still subject to change.

Just to clarify, even though it'll be disabled by default do you know if the configs for GregTech will be edited to be more balanced? Or will we have to do that ourselves if we choose to enable it?

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clarify, even though it'll be disabled by default do you know if the configs for GregTech will be edited to be more balanced? Or will we have to do that ourselves if we choose to enable it?

Well some people will have to edit the config in some way or other. People like hard mode and others just like the other items adding without changing anything else.

Best way to saying this is - Someone. Maybe you. Will have to change the config at some stage ;)

Excalibur42

Jul 29, 2019
Well some people will have to edit the config in some way or other. People like hard mode and others just like the other items adding without changing anything else.

Best way to saying this is - Someone. Maybe you. Will have to change the config at some stage ;)

Funnily enough I just did with the current beta build of FTB, so that I don't have to use bloody steel for mining drills... Ain't nobody got time fo dat...

Reactions: Lawbroken

Offputting

Jul 29, 2019
Funnily enough I just did with the current beta build of FTB, so that I don't have to use bloody steel for mining drills... Ain't nobody got time fo dat...
In 1.4.5 Gregtech also makes the diamond drill require titanium unless you change the config. Fun.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well Titanium is not as hard to get. You need a BlastFurnace anyway, and if you have the BlastFurnace with StandardCasing you only need 72 Refined Iron and 54 Steel to make it able to process most materials (except tungsten).

Gregs might be in the Technic-Pack. I think DW mentioned that he expects his own Modpack to look much like ForgeCraft, slow also mentioned that the ultimate pack might be a bit heavy for servers. I think I propably build a pack for myself out of all the mods, since FTB provides the configs anyway it is very easy to do so.

makeshiftwings

Jul 29, 2019

That's good new; thanks Morvelaira.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Let people take the above, wether or not they agree with it, that the devs here do in fact listen to people.