Windows .exe Wierd "Lag" Problem

Pred86

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

first: Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language :/

Now my Problem:
I'm playing on a Multiplayer Server with the Direwolf20 1.6.4 Pack in Version 1.0.11.

My Problem is: Everytime i change my Location (Via Portalgun Portal or Mystcraft Portals or Mystcraft Books or traveling very fast with sprint or whatever) i have a few seconds (5-20 seconds) of heavy Lag (Can't interact with anything). The Problem is, only i am have this Problem and the other Players see the interactions i do (open a chest ect.) immediately. When i Ping the Server i get about 100ms.
After the "Big Lag" is gone it, takes again a few seconds until i can play normal without any lag. After i Change the Location, the Problem appears again. I already reinstalled FTB, the Modpack and Java. I restartet my Router several times. Nothing Helps.

I think the Problem is Feed the Beast itself, b'cause in Areas with more Machinery the Lag takes longer to go away. The Problem appeared from one day to the other. didn't change anything on my PC or Software.

I Hope someone can help me. im getting crazy...

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried updating Java? Also, a copy of the log as the lag happens would be nice as well.

Pred86

Jul 29, 2019
hey. yep i deinstalled java and installed the newest version. there is nothing in the log. thats another problem.

Pred86

Jul 29, 2019
yes. but i dont have that many machines there. also tried another server no lag (but also not that much machinery).

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I think what is going on is that when you tp somewhere via portal, the server is RECEIVING the data, but it isn't SENDING. Normally I'd say it's a problem with a corrupted player file, but again, the problem is a client/server desync. And it's weird that your client can't receive the data. Did the server update? And do you have any mods you may have added at any time and is still in? Like Rei's minimap?

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
I have had this same problem on my server. A map reset fixed it. I will see if I can find the client error I was getting.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard rumors that Rei's Minimap is bad with keeping client and server sync, but I'm not sure.

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't use Rei's, I used Zan's. I use an older version of the Monster pack (1.0.1) with Metallurgy and KeithyUtils added. I had heavy use of IC2, Thermal Expansion and RotaryCraft. So something must be causing it because a map reset with no change to server files worked.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to try another computer? Such as use a computer at a local library, or a laptop you might have floating around? If yes, try it then report back to us if the problem persists or not. Sorry for being unable to help a lot. I'm clueless. :/

Pred86

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! We fixed it. We deleted my Playerfile on the Server and after a restart... the wierd Lags where gone! Thanks for the help ;)

Pred86

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... it didnt fix the Problem. Got the problem again today. Deleting the Playerfile doesnt fix it. It looks like, that the Problem is my ISP. I tried to log in with my Smartphone (other Provider then my Cable) and i dont have any Problems. The Problem also appears only in the Evening. Played today around 12 o'Clock and didnt have lag. Now i have Lag again...

I contacted my ISP allready, now i have to wait, what they can do...