Why won't be arboretum start?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

bartboie

Jul 29, 2019
Below is a picture of what is happening. I have a logger. I set it up simple for the sake of this post. My arboretum won't place any humus. Im not sure why... I have it powered with the electric engine. The solar panel is giving power to the electric engine. I've tried different types of engines. Also I have humus and saplings in the arboretum. Help please!!
zfZYn.jpg

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Wrath lamps create invisible light blocks around them, that's how they give off so much light. The arboretum tries to remove these blocks, but fails (or the lamp replaces them instantly). You will have to switch to a different light source in the area, as the invisible blocks will even block tree growth.

bartboie

Jul 29, 2019
Wrath lamps create invisible light blocks around them, that's how they give off so much light. The arboretum tries to remove these blocks, but fails (or the lamp replaces them instantly). You will have to switch to a different light source in the area, as the invisible blocks will even block tree growth.
Do you have any light sources you would recommend that could produce even similar to the wrath lamp?

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any light sources you would recommend that could produce even similar to the wrath lamp?
You can use the thaumcraft light source (nitor I think) you can place it midair, no other light source can compare whit the wrathlamps....

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Glowstone or lamps (vanilla or RP) in the floor. Alternatively try making your floor from RP microblocks and put light sources just underneath. Microblocks don't block light, so your room would be bright without any visible light sources.

Unfortunately large-scale lighting like Wrath Lamps isn't possible in MC at the moment, without similar workarounds. The highest light level a block can have is 15, and air blocks will always reduce it by one level per block.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Also, mobs can't spawn on XYCraft blocks, so just make your floors out of your choice of neon glowing (although not light-emitting) blocks and never worry about mobs spawns!