Why no add more ranged weapons

Senceofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
FTB are cool in weapon.Nano saber,steelleaf sword and lots of things.But,no ranged weapons.Why?I suggest add the mods like more bows,crossbow mod.

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
mining laser is a powerful ranged weapon, yes.
but some more would be nice. plasmacraft had some nice HighTech weapons if i remember correctly, but its not up to date.
also balkons weapon mod was nice.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
You should try the Universal Electricity pack, specifically the ICBM module, now those are proper range weapons.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
There's always the Simple Guns mod. It's pretty balanced, all told, since the bullets eat up iron and gunpowder. Clips are also limited in their stacking, so carrying capacity is definitely a Thing. You've got several types of guns, from lower tech and more modern equivalents. Musket pistol, rifle, and blunderbuss for the more primitive firearms... Revolver, Bolt-Action Rifle, Pistol, Light Machine Gun, Shotgun and Double-Barrel Shotgun for more modern firearms.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I like the gun from Xeno's Reliquary it's pretty expensive but it is also very powerful (depending on the loads you use). Not updated to 1.4.6 yet but Xeno has posted in his thread that it is coming as soon as the general holiday rush and work calms down a bit :D

Senceofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
Yes,I know mining lazer is a good long ranged weapon,But it is only light up the mobs on fire for a short while only

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Could always load in Balkon's Weapons Mod. I know people are gonna yell "unbalanced," and the muskets are a bit broken, considering you can off a ghast with one shot, but it takes a bit to load, but tis quite handy. Especially once you tack a bayonet on your rifle.

Course, there's lots of ranged weapon mods out there. I know the Crossbows Mod (or one of em, might be more by that name) was awesome, but it was a bit broken with the later crossbows, specifically, the lightning crossbow, aka: Thor's Hammer. Awesome as hell, and really fun to play with (but dangerous, you can kill yourself with it, if you're not careful), but the last time I played with it, it had infinite ammo and never broke.