Windows .exe Why is there no EE3

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leburgerking

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is in prealpha-1. There are practically no items for it. His main goal for created EE3 is to get rid of all the bugs that accompanied EE2. (which includes glitches to get infinite EE, Red matter Furnace, and any others i forgot to mention.)

kiloran7

Jul 29, 2019
I by far understand the want to have EE in any form. Its a fun mod that has made the game a lot more diverse and interesting. I do feel the glitchs were a bit of a problem though id be lieing if i myself didnt use them a time or two though never for bad just so i could build and enjoy. I eagerly await EE3 as EE2 was so much fun i throughly hope its done soon and released so we can all enjoy it.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
If EE3 is anything like EE2, I probably won't be using it. I'm not much a fan of the playstyle it imposes. Once you have a trans table and learned most of the necessary items learned, you don't have to do anything to get anything.

Bunsan

Jul 29, 2019
If EE3 is anything like EE2, I probably won't be using it. I'm not much a fan of the playstyle it imposes. Once you have a trans table and learned most of the necessary items learned, you don't have to do anything to get anything.

It will be hugely different than EE2. No trams table, no condensers, everything is harder to craft, most seem to have durability etc. Pahimar is trying to bring more balance to the mod. Only time will tell if he is able to accomplish this.

As for OP. EE3 isn't even alpha yet. The plan seems to be to include it once it is released as a functional and stable build.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
If EE3 is anything like EE2, I probably won't be using it. I'm not much a fan of the playstyle it imposes.
It doesn't IMPOSE any type of play style on you.

I'm a big fan of EE2 and energy condenser, but I decided never to use the Transmutation table and only to condense items that occur naturally in world gen and I got all my EMC from feeding stuff into the energy condenser (no energy collectors or relays), I also spawn in the the flying ring. But thats it, the flying ring and the energy condenser, which I only used in certain ways. Why did I do this? Because I found that it made the most fun way to play the game for me. Was this or any other play style IMPOSED on me by EE2? No.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't IMPOSE any type of play style on you.

I'm a big fan of EE2 and energy condenser, but I decided never to use the Transmutation table and only to condense items that occur naturally in world gen and I got all my EMC from feeding stuff into the energy condenser (no energy collectors or relays), I also spawn in the the flying ring. But thats it, the flying ring and the energy condenser, which I only used in certain ways. Why did I do this? Because I found that it made the most fun way to play the game for me. Was this or any other play style IMPOSED on me by EE2? No.
Whoops, wrong word there. It allows for such a play style.

The Collectors were the most unbalanced machines in the whole game. They produced EMC out of literally nothing, and required no maintenance at all. It's like having a buildcraft quarry run with no need for engines or power of any sort. That's why I never liked EE2. Since I hear EE3 is changing the game (and I should know this considering I watch Direwolf20's SMP series), it will be a lot better.

I will admit that the toys of EE2 were fun, but they were also a little overpowered compared to other mods that add similar features. Though, seeing as you didn't use collector setups, they probably took forever to craft.

Reactions: Daxamar
Status
Not open for further replies.