Mac Why is my game crashing?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d123

Jul 29, 2019
1) Wow we are both in the same situation. Job search is rough eh? The negativity and feeling of being lost is killing me but I'm trying to stay up.
2) That's why I tried to distill the basic messages of what I was saying. I'm pretty sure I conveyed well how much I appreciate the fact that you do what you do for free and in your own time. If not, please understand that I really do.

I'll try to self-censor in the future.
Also, trust me when I say I understand the dumbing down aspect. While in university I worked for the campus tech shop as a repair tech for a couple of years and I got so tired of people claiming they needed help with loading "the microsoft".

Sorry if I made you feel unappreciated.

Reactions: Ashzification

d00d123

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is it's just a generic Mac error. Honestly, I wouldn't waste much time on it. From my experimentation tonight it seems like some sort of cache issue or memory leak. If I knew more Java I'd probably know if that makes sense. But it seems to me like it doesn't happen unless you play for awhile and then when it happens once you're screwed till you restart/install a fresh version. There's lots of screwy stuff like that when the game was obviously developed on a different OS. Problems are to be expected.

I'm pretty sure the solution will end up being waiting around until it magically starts working. Either that or just dealing with it. That's how I'm handling the problem.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not trying to hate gaming on a mac, or hate you. What I'm saying, and boy, these are truth words, is a Mac these days is literally a shinier PC for twice the cash. You get absolutely no benefits from using Macs, other than being a hipster because PC is too mainstream, and many issues, such as with gaming, or using most quality software.

MinecraftFan202

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that Macs are not ideal for gaming but i got my mac before i started even PLAYING PC Games, i got my macbook in 2009 so it pretty old! Im getting a desktop 'PC' in about 2 months anyway but thanks for your help! And a PC and a Mac are the same thing! PC stands for 'Personal Computer', and a MacBook is a personal computer! Apple have kind of made people think that they are 2 separate things when in reality they are both a 'Personal Computer'! I appreciate all your help with the situation and as a side-note, i used some code from a thread that was linked at the bottom of more or less everyones post that said 'Common problems, solutions, and TroubleShooting HERE!' and that fixed it for we when i entered the code it gave there! It opened the launcher for me and it worked awesomely! The only problem is that i have to type in the code each time i open the launcher :| but thats ok :D Thanks everyone and i hope the Mac issue is sorted out soon :p I understand that not only be, but others are experiencing the same issue! Its a great modpack! And if you could, what is the mod EE3? I thought it was Equivilant Exchange but its not in the mod-pack!!!!! :|

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Grats on making it work! :D
Yeah, it's a very common problem for mac it seems. Hoping there will be a fix for it eventualy, the FTB team should defenetly be aware of it if they pay any attention to this forum section :p
As for EE3, it's going to be in the complete pack, but seeing as EE3 isn't done yet isn't it added yet. But it will be added as soon as it is done. The same goes for RP2, TC3 and xycraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.