Why is my AE system being so derpy, shutting itself off?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
When I am at my base it's fine, but when I leave and comeback to my base, especially lately, I get this (see below)

2014-09-26_10.48.10.png

The only way to clear it up is to wrench the controller, and replace it back down. What could be the issue here in causing this? It does it more often than not.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Are the chunks around it loaded? Maybe if there's a couple of cables outside the loaded chunk area they break the thing. If the chunks ARE unloaded, every time you leave base there might be an issue with the connection of the power to your controller, which would make replacing the controller work again.
Alternatively, the system briefly goes out when you add/remove cabling. A dark cable somewhere might be getting a redstone signal and it got stuck that way?

Reactions: Wagon153

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Are the chunks around it loaded? Maybe if there's a couple of cables outside the loaded chunk area they break the thing. If the chunks ARE unloaded, every time you leave base there might be an issue with the connection of the power to your controller, which would make replacing the controller work again.
Alternatively, the system briefly goes out when you add/remove cabling. A dark cable somewhere might be getting a redstone signal and it got stuck that way?

I'll have to poke around my base and see if that is the case. It's pretty big, but I know I don't have it all chunkloaded, there may be a cable or three outside the load zone.