Why does my game take so long to load

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MikW

I recently downloaded a new 1.10 pack called The Simple Life 2, it has around 130 mods, but it has been loading for so long. The Mojang screen loading is around 45 minutes, and it took almost an hour and counting to create a new world. Why does it take so long?

I have use a laptop with 4GB ram and an Intel i5 processor, with Nvidia 930mx graphic card.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Your laptop's OS and any other software running in the background also need to use a good chunk of that ram, probably at least 1.5G, so if you've allocated more than 2G to Minecraft, you are probably starving your system. The current recommendation for modpacks seems to be 4 to 6G ram just for the game, so you need a computer with at least 8G. Ram is cheap and should be easy to install. Find out how much your laptop can take and max it out.

Reactions: MikW
M

MikW

Your laptop's OS and any other software running in the background also need to use a good chunk of that ram, probably at least 1.5G, so if you've allocated more than 2G to Minecraft, you are probably starving your system. The current recommendation for modpacks seems to be 4 to 6G ram just for the game, so you need a computer with at least 8G. Ram is cheap and should be easy to install. Find out how much your laptop can take and max it out.

I'll go upgrade my RAM then. Thanks.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
In 1.8 Mojang did something that made the game run smoother, but put more load onto ram, I so i hear atleast

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yep, I loaded up one of my old 1.7.10 packs, took minutes to get the menu, but over 10 minutes to generate the world. In 1.10 it's the other way round, takes forever to load a pack, and minutes to make a world.