why does my applied energistics system keep stopping?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Have you checked there are enough materials? Do you have a crafting monitor to check if its waiting for something to continue?

SpoonsV

Jul 29, 2019
If you do have the materials, you must keep in mind the sheer energy consumption of an AE system. Every item you take out and put in it costs energy.

Crafting takes a huge amount of energy.

SpoonsV

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, 'nope' what?

Did you add a crafting manager? That would be the first thing as it would tell you the problem in most cases.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
How big is your system? If you add or remove anything from the network, it cancels all crafting jobs. And AFAICT, it does the same if a chunk with a piece of the network in unloads. Make sure your entire network is chunkloaded, and don't modify it at all while crafting.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
I Get that sometimes but i have 2 IDSU's powering the system and they are fully charged and constantly gaining power from solar panels i just cancel the job and re-try it

martin0leung

Jul 29, 2019
Try actually explaining your problem rather than wasting your time with posts like these.

I clicked on the craft button to craft 36 advanced machine casing and if I went away for a few seconds or look at anythings interface, it stops crafting and it is not in the crafting monitor anymore

alinoe

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that if I use a mystcraft book to travel the crafting process stop sometimes.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-N7105 avec Tapatalk

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
How big is your system? If you add or remove anything from the network, it cancels all crafting jobs. And AFAICT, it does the same if a chunk with a piece of the network in unloads. Make sure your entire network is chunkloaded, and don't modify it at all while crafting.

You haven't responded to this yet.

martin0leung

Jul 29, 2019
I know but even if I did not travel to any mystcraft book, it will still stop. (and now, it stop's for every single craft,so if I click craft button, it will stop in a few seconds later for each recipes)

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
That's not what I asked. Is your network big enough that some of it might be in unloaded chunks? Because I've had the same problem, and as far as I can tell, that's what caused it.

Reactions: dlord and GOATFACE

Jul 29, 2019
MOAR POWER.jpg

Nuff said...

Reactions: YX33A

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a large AE network, make sure to chunk load every part.

An AE network resets itself if a portion of the network (even a single cable) is cut off, either by breaking a wire/ME block, or thru chunk unloads. Once an AE network resets, all on-going autocrafting operations are stopped.

MinePlayer

Jul 29, 2019
I was having the same problem. In my case the problem was level emitters, they seem to be resetting the system.