Why can't i craft a treetap machine in the new direwolf pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
The old forestry machines have all been disabled by default now. You need to use the new multifarm or re-enable the old recipes in the config file. It was changed in Forestry 2.0.0.8.

hallowhead1

Jul 29, 2019
will the multifarm harvest the sticky resin as well? or should i enable the old recipes? does it effect the game at all?

# set to false to disable crafting recipe for bronze
crafting.bronze.enabled=true
# set to false to disable crafting recipes for all old harvesters and planters.
crafting.farms.enabled=true
# set to false to disable crafting recipes for stamps
crafting.stamps.enabled=true
# set to false to disable uncrafting recipes for old planters and harvesters
crafting.farms.uncrafting.enabled=true
which part do i change to enable the crafting of them?

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
You would need to configure a multifarm as a rubber plantation. For info, check out http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:multi

I'm not sure of the config settings, I would assume it was that "crafting.farms.enabled=true" I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working now then. Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I'm unable to actually test.

Edit: Unless you are on a server, then your client config files would be ignored and the server configs would rule.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
i am indeed on a server, should i be editing the config folder?

In most cases, your config folder will be ignored. You will end up with some errors such as, for example, if the server enables the bronzeNerf (three copper and one tin make two bronze) and you disabled it in your config file, you would see the craft giving you four bronze, but you would only get two as that is what the server shows.

In the case of item and block IDs, though, it can get worse and often keep you from joining the server.

So, to answer your question: If you are only playing on this server, no, do not edit your config files.

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to use the old farms still, you would need to edit the forestry config file in the server directory.

The new multifarm will also harvest resin if you configure it, so you don't need to enable the old farms unless you decide you rather use the old ones. Keep in mind that the old farms will likely not get anymore programming attention, like features and bugfixes, and may be removed entirely in a future version of Forestry.

mysticviperx

Jul 29, 2019
we understand that we need to configure that server settings.

What file, what line, what change do we need to make to craft the rubber tree farms stuff.

Yes people above have stated there thoughts, what is the proper configuration that works, I am currently running a production server, I cannot reboot it 20 times to test out different configurations.